Real Talk

Discussion in 'General Education' started by FourSquare, Apr 22, 2015.

1. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

3. missrebecca

missrebecca Comrade

Apr 22, 2015

Wow. That was a great read.

I completely relate, and I only taught in a Title I school for a short while. It's pretty bleak out there. I don't feel very optimistic about the future of education, but I love hearing about others' struggles and successes. Those little moments when your students make you proud can stay with you for a lifetime.

4. GTB4GT

GTB4GT Cohort

Apr 23, 2015

reading that is very disturbing. Why or how an admin would allow such a school culture and environment is beyond me and almost criminally negligent.

I have said this before, as somewhat of an outsider to a degree - the real crisis in education is in the leadership (or lack thereof) at the local, state and federal level. Until that is brought to the forefront (or at least into the equation) of discussions about educational reform, everything else is just "smoke and mirrors" to a degree. Bad generals lead to a poorly functioning army.But, sadly,you hear or read almost nothing on this topic.

5. Securis

Securis Cohort

Apr 23, 2015

I tried #1 but fell back to #2 and eventually chose #3. Maybe I'll return to the profession but I'm not hopeful for a lot of the reasons outlined in the article. Having lived most of those statements, as I'm sure many here have, it's very disheartening to watch as my wife fights the same battle every day.