Ready to just give up :(

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by wait'n2teach, Feb 28, 2015.

1. wait'n2teach

wait'n2teach Rookie

Feb 28, 2015

No matter what I do I just can't seem to pass the general knowledge math exam. I will be out of a job once I talk to my principal to let her know that I have not passed within the allotted time frame. I'm so upset because I know that this does not reflect how I am as a teacher and what accomplishments my students have made. I just feel that my career as a teacher is over :(

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Mar 1, 2015

I have no advice for what this principal may or may not do, but if you really want to teach, you need to commit yourself to the study required to pass the needed exams. They go with the territory, and which ones you take may vary with geographical location, but they are a constant that must be dealt with for every teacher and teacher candidate. Your choices could be finding a course you pay to take, study groups, college resources, study guides, practice exams, and the list goes on. Hoping to pass these exams is not the same as diligence, I am sorry to say, and at some point, perhaps now, it is a fact that must be faced and dealt with. You may or may not get another shot at this in your current position, but you need to conquer this barrier before moving on to another job hunt.

I wish I had a magic potion that could help, but consider this your adult life calling - take care of business first, then you will be prepared to soar.

4. teach4USA

teach4USA Rookie

Mar 16, 2015

Wait2teach..how are you coming along with the math portion of GK? Did you retest? Pass? Stay encouraged! Experiencing the same. The new 2015 CliffNotes book was just released in the new version to GK- Exam. Hopefully that helps.