Ready to go back

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by waterfall, Aug 9, 2013.

1. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Aug 9, 2013

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am bored with summer! I've never had this much time off without any sort of job. Summer school ended the last week of June, and I still have two weeks before PD days start. I don't know a thing about my caseload so I can't really even do any prep. We're starting late due to construction, so even all of my teacher friends are already back at work. I'm ready to start being productive again! My mom (also a teacher) says this is because I'm young and it will wear off:rolleyes:.

3. Toy_03

Toy_03 Companion

Aug 9, 2013

LOL wish I could say the same. I'm actually headed to work to set up my classroom....fun fun

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Aug 9, 2013

I can kind of relate. I am doing nothing but hanging around the house. You can only do so much of that before it drives you a little crazy (of course I have my new puppy who is kepeing me busier than I would be). I am not looking forward to the alarm going off at 5, rushing in the morning to get everyone up and going, but being a productive citizen again, that I am looking forward to.

5. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2013

I'll switch spots with you! :) My summer flew by way too fast, and I didn't get to hardly any of the projects on my list. I don't even feel like I got in the relaxing/fun things I wanted to do--I only went to the pool once! (I got engaged in June and spent a lot of the summer wedding planning instead, along with enjoying every possible minute with my fiance before he left at the end of last month. Granted, this was all wonderful, but now I'm feeling way behind!) I'm going to be working all weekend to get ready for the first day on Monday.

6. live

live Companion

Aug 9, 2013

I'm with you on that! I resigned from my job last year and I'm still hoping to land a new one. Not only because I want a teaching job, but also because I am just SO bored. Hopefully my summer break won't be an extended one!

7. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 9, 2013

I'm ready to go back. I'm starting to feel bluesy. I know going back to work is the cure :)

8. Curiouscat

Curiouscat Comrade

Aug 9, 2013

It is funny you posted this topic. This has been a hard summer for me. My children are old enough that they don't want me to play with them or take them places. They are pretty independent, as they should be at this time. I feel lost. Recovering from foot surgery really isn't helping either.

I don't think I have "lost" myself completely as some people do when raising children, but I do think I am a little unsure of what to do with my new "free" time. I am so used to working around their needs and schedules that I almost don't know how to behave now.

So, in a way I am looking forward to going back to work. I am also using my down time(because of the surgery) to look into some fun classes and a trip this fall.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 9, 2013

For those who are ready to return, I'm glad. However, you'll never hear those words come out of MY mouth! ;) I'm getting started with this work at home job & hopefully, in several months, I can quit my other work altogether after this next school year's over!

10. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 9, 2013

I am also ready to go back simply so we can be back in our routine! My daughters are 4 and 8 months, and the lack of routine is especially showing with the 4 year old's behavior. :)

11. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

Aug 9, 2013

I can relate a bit. I've been off since the end of May because of maternity leave. I LOVE having so much time with my son before I have to go back to work, but part of me is excited to be in school again. I definitely feel that motherhood is a job in itself that gives me a tremendous amount of satisfaction, but working gives me a completely different type of satisfaction that I'm eager to get back to. Of course, I'll be bawling my eyes out when I have to leave my son all day for 5 days :(. It's a vicious cycle!