Ready For Fall

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by deserttrumpet, Jul 8, 2007.

1. deserttrumpet

deserttrumpet Comrade

Jul 8, 2007

:) I am totally happy! I just finished planning out a full semester for two of my three classes! And tomorrow I am going to work on my last class (and because it is a new class I’m getting paid for developing it!) I feel so free for this upcoming semester (which is quickly approaching!). Is anyone else happy about their progress in prepping for the next year?:p :cool:

3. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 8, 2007

I haven't done alot, but all the new ideas I have running in my head I am really excited about!!! It is like the ticker at the bottom of a news station!! I have to write them all down or I will forget!!

4. bigcat

bigcat Rookie

Jul 9, 2007

I'm mentally ready. I have a new position that I'm excited ....and nervous...about...so I'm ready to start getting ready...heehee. I'll be teaching 6th grade LA.

5. Tookie Williams

Tookie Williams Rookie

Jul 9, 2007

I have the same class, same subject, same everything. So I am pretty much set from last year still. I still have all my worksheets. Same projects. No sense re-inventing the wheel. A few minor adjustments... Other than that, heck, I'm going to reuse my "official" lesson plans that I have saved on my computer. Just change a date, re- SaveAs, and print. My official lesson plans won't follow the exact same thing outline though as I will skip around in the book to suit my needs, or what's in the news.

6. deserttrumpet

deserttrumpet Comrade

Jul 10, 2007

I did about the same thing. Modified last years lessons. But, figuring out exactly what would be covered on each day is so wonderful. I have a road map in front of me. If I don't have time to plan, or the motivation to plan it's okay.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2007

I'm teaching a course (Algebra I) I haven't taught in 15 or 20 years. So, while the material is easy, all the planning is "new."

I've bought my binder, worked out long range planning, and spent a good part of the last hour or 2 re-typing verbal problems from a very old ditto into separate Word documents.

I still have to go through my file drawer and see what else I can use.

8. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 10, 2007

I still haven't been told what I'm teaching!:eek: I've taught all levels of high school English, so I'm not too stressed. Most likely I'll teach English III again. There may or may not be a smattering of English I, II or IV. I'd like to know that.

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2007

When do you find out?

In our school there are ALWAYS changes over the summer. And I'm one of the few they can plop into any course. So summer prep is always interesting.

10. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Jul 10, 2007

I mapped out my first 6 weeks while my kiddos were taking their final exams in May. I'm teaching the same course (on-level 8th grade English), so I'm not changing much, just adding a couple of projects and tweaking a few things.

11. ChangeAgent

ChangeAgent Comrade

Jul 10, 2007

bandnerdtx: like you, I don't know what I'm teaching yet. I was hired in a 9th and 10th grade building to teacher Special Education English. I think the position is only 10th grade Special Education English, but I know they were reworking the schedule (I'm a new hire). I also know that the program at the school I will be teaching didn't have a set curriculum for self-contained special education, so I'll work off what was left, or create my own syllabus. BUT, I know the school was hoping to align the special education curriculum with the regular education curriculum . . . who knows!

I'm not too nervous yet, but hopefully I'll find out what kind of literature I'll be teaching so I can start gathering things and lesson planning!

Kudos to everyone who is finished or well on their way! I'm so excited for you (and can't wait to get there myself!)!

12. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 10, 2007

We wont find out until the beginning of August, I'm sure. It's a little disheartening.