Ready for Christmas Break

Discussion in 'General Education' started by callmebob, Dec 4, 2010.

1. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2010

10 days left of school. Anyone else out there more than ready to skip these 10 school days and just get there.
    This school year has been awful and come January we will probably begin a countdown to the end of May. I know we can't be the only ones out there feeling that way.

3. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Dec 4, 2010

I am counting the days, even though my class is rather charming this year. Thanksgiving break gave me enough downtime to come back with the right attitude, but I'm looking at the Winter Break with longing eyes.

4. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Dec 4, 2010

We have 9 more days and they can't pass fast enough.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 4, 2010

Normally, I'd always be glad for holiday breaks, which I still am overall, but since I'm a sub, I want to work several more days & earn more money before I'm out for 2 wks & won't get paid.

6. txteach26

txteach26 Rookie

Dec 4, 2010

Can you say MOVIE! Just kidding! Hang in there!

7. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

Dec 4, 2010

We don't get a full two weeks at the holiday and must go three days Christmas week.

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2010

We have 10 more days as well, though 1 day is short classes with exams for 2 periods, and 2 half days for exams. The week of the 13th is dead week so not much going on that week anyway besides exams.

9. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2010

Its just hard, the moment I wake up I dread the idea of going to the school. Everyday is survival just to get to the final bell. None of it is fun in the least bit. Sad year.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2010

We have 10 more days, then 2 full weeks off. I'm more than ready for a break, but the next couple of weeks will fly by. At this time of year, there are always so many special events--concerts, assemblies, etc.

11. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Dec 4, 2010

I started counting since last week. We have had a lot of problems this year. I literally have seen myself AGE a good 3 years. I am at a loss with how it will be come January. Due to all our problems we have been told that the students are to work all the way through to December 17th (including in the morning eventhough its just a party the whole day.) No movies will be allowed, we are to work, work, work! I have to admit, I am running low on energy. We only got Thanksgiving Day and the Friday offf. We have been in school since August 10th, I am exhausted!

I have counted the days on our calendar we work more than 190 days ...its closer to 220 days.

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2010

We have 9 teaching days, then 3 days of trimester exams.

As much as I love my days off, I'm enjoying the kids I teach this year.

And I love these weeks before Christmas-- the craziness and the business and the music and the cheer. So I'm not wishing it away.

13. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Dec 4, 2010

Alice, I'm not wishing any of it away either. It's all going too fast as far as I'm concerned.

We have seven full days, one one of them I'm taking my class to The Nutcracker Ballet which will take the whole day, and then all the second graders are going to see Tangled . It's just five full days, and then two days we get out at 1:00, and that last Friday the kids get out at 9:00 and we get to leave at 11:00.

I'm amazed at how this whole year has flown by!!

14. porque_pig

porque_pig Comrade

Dec 4, 2010

On one hand, I'd love to be at home enjoying my break.

On the other hand, I'm in classes myself, and this means I only have 10 days weeks to write two massive papers and take a final. Panic, anyone?

15. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Dec 4, 2010

We work all the way up to Dec. 22 this year! We get out at 1:00 on that day. We return on the 3rd and 4th for professional days, and students return on the 5th.

16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2010

The week heading into Thanksgiving was endless (actually only 2 1/2 days) but it was looong and seemed like those days wouldn't end. Now that it's December, the days seem like they are flying. I'm getting lots done in school, still have so much to do outside of school to get ready for the holidays...no, I'm in no rush.

17. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Dec 4, 2010

We work right to the 23rd. I just got a new student last week, and since then my class has gone downhill fast... While I'm not really wishing the next three weeks away as I do look forward to this time, I am also looking forward to have two weeks to really regroup and focus on getting back on track for the remainder of the year.