Reading Street

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by georgiagirl, Aug 9, 2008.

1. georgiagirl

georgiagirl Rookie

Aug 9, 2008

Anybody using Reading Street or been using it? This is my first year to use it. It seems like a good program. Please give me your thoughts.:)

3. FootballGal

FootballGal Companion

Aug 10, 2008

We use it at my school. This is my first year using it/first year teaching so I am clueless with it. I did look through the teacher manual and it looks good.

4. ladycajun1105

ladycajun1105 Rookie

Aug 13, 2008

Same here, first year for both the book and teaching. We could all share our thoughts though.

I am always up for ideas

5. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2008

Our first year with it will be this year..we just purchased the entire program. It's a very rich curriculum. Great links to S.S. and Science as well as offering tons of ways to differentiat. The Sidewalks portion of the program supports struggling readers while still allowing them access to the same stories and vocabulary as on-level learners. I'm really excited to begin using it. We mapped out our year and wrote our first few weeks of lessons. I love that it truly integrates the Reading with the Writing. A great LAnguage Arts program. I'll be happy to post as I begin using it. Hopefully, we can talk about what works, what doesn't, and ways to help each other use it best for our students.

6. teachermommy78

teachermommy78 New Member

Aug 21, 2008

I have used reading street for the past 2 years and have really enjoyed it. My first year was with 3rd and 4th graders. Last year I used it with 1st and 2nd grade. My school did NOT purchase the leveled readers, which is hard, but I'm making it work! It is a bit much with a multiage class. I felt rushed quite a bit. I, of course, could not fit EVERYTHING in with 5 reading groups, but I feel like I always met my objectives. This year I HOPE to have a stand alone first grade. That, I think, would give me an ideal situation for this program.