Reading Response

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by missdq, Sep 3, 2007.

1. missdq

missdq Rookie

Sep 3, 2007

Hi does anyone have a list of reading response questions, for students to write about in their reading journals??

oh and one more thing. i want to reward my kids for reading, planning on a small treat each time they complete 5 books on their own. any one have simple activities they can submit at the end of each book as a way for me to confirm book read? i don't want it to be like a book report b/c we have enough of those, aiming for simple yet comprehensive. as a way for me to keep a record of the boks they've read.

any ideas would truly be helpful. thanks again.

3. sundayn

sundayn Rookie

Sep 3, 2007

I do Reading Response Letters. The letters teach children how to respond on their own to their reading. This way they do not have to stick to certain questions. Check out Fontas and Pinnells book, Guiding Readers and Writers: Teaching Comprehension, Genre, and Content Literacy. In this book, she outlines how to do the reading response letters with all of the pieces to include in the students journals to help them be successful. The letters take your time, but the students enjoy and learn how to talk about what they read.

Best of luck!

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Sep 3, 2007

Yes! We do letters, but address from a variety of questions. (Wow, this is coming soon for this class!!)

:( I cannot find them right now. They're in my classroom. Yet I primarily found the questions from Fountas and Pinnell like Sundayn mentioned above. If I find my resource, I will certainly share it... but looking at that book will help, too.

5. missdq

missdq Rookie

Sep 3, 2007

thanks so much, ill take whatever i can get.