Reading program...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ll1301, Jul 11, 2013.

1. ll1301

ll1301 Rookie

Jul 11, 2013

I am interviewing next week for a first grade position. This is my FIRST teaching interview for my FIRST teaching job... so needless to say... I'm a tiny bit nervous! :rolleyes: I've been doing lots of research on interview questions, and one I always see is "How would you set up your literacy/reading program?" I know about C.A.F.E. so would I basically be explaining what that is.... or what are some suggestions of how I would describe it? I live in Texas! :)

3. Pashtun

Pashtun Fanatic

Jul 11, 2013

My advice would be, don't be afraid to say " I am not sure". Don't be afraid to say you don't know something.

This is not specific to a reading program, but just overall answering questions.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2013

If the school uses a CAFE style of teaching literacy, you wouldn't have to explain what t us, just ow you would implement it...the question typically asked on my hiring committee is: what would literacy instruction look like in your classroom? You want to paint a pcture of what kds would be oing, what you'd be doing, how you'd assess kids' needs and plan instruction.