Reading Log Sheet

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Buckeye, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Buckeye

Buckeye Rookie

Aug 19, 2007

Does anyone have a reading log sheet that they would share with me? I found one on Beth Newingham's website but I can not get the PDF file to work.

Thanks

3. Wildflower

Wildflower Rookie

Aug 19, 2007

I did the reading log thing for years, where I gave them one per week. Finally after a million trips to the copy machine, I finally realized that I can teach them to create one on lined paper, in the format I wanted. It has worked out great. I taught them to fold the paper into columns and rows to create a table with a place for the date, time and pages read, title of what is read, and parents' signature. It also solves the problem when reading logs are lost. :) Just and idea to save you time and paper!

4. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Aug 19, 2007

I have two reading logs, both comprehension based. One is a bit simpler, for second grade. The other is one I created for my third grade class this year. The kids have a goal of 100 minutes a week and they fill out the book they read each night, how many pages/minutes. Then on four nights they answer a comprenhension question about the story they read. I hand it out on Monday and get it back the next Monday---so they can catch up on the weekends if necessary.

PM me if you want either one.

5. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2007

buck8teacher, could you PM me one of those sheets. It sounds like I could use it!:)