Reading for Fun/Professional Reading: Summer

Discussion in 'General Education' started by StudentTeach, Jul 3, 2011.

1. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jul 3, 2011

I kept saying all year that I would read a lot more pleasure books this summer when I had the time and didn't have grading/planning to do, however, I accepted a job at a new school and will have five new preps for next year (spread slightly over fall/spring) and I've been given the novels normally taught in these classes, none of which I have read yet! I have a summer job working as a sleepaway camp counselor and I only have 1.5 hours of free time during the day and then I am exhausted at night. I honestly cannot do any planning, but maybe can do some reading. I get 2-3 days off per week that I would like to actually spend resting and enjoying summer, but they will be my only days to plan. I really need some help to come up with a way to work at camp, enjoy my summer and plan for next year!

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2011

Does the camp go right up until school begins? Maybe you could take one day of your 3 days off a week to plan for one prep. Map out what you want to teach. Then use some time to read the books taught.