Reading Buddies

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by sharon122, Oct 3, 2007.

1. sharon122

sharon122 Rookie

Oct 3, 2007

My third grade class is starting our reading buddy sessions with a Kindergarten class next week. Any worksheets, coloring pages, etc. that you could share with me? I found an interview sheet of some good questions, but am looking for some already created ideas!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 3, 2007

4. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2007

While walking my son to school this morning, we were talking about some of his reading activities in school. I started by mentioning that his teacher said they usually start the day with silent reading, and wondering if everyone usually actually read during this time. He said he definitely reads (I would strongly suspect many do not during such a period). He then mentioned buddy reading, and said it was more "crazy", saying kids would be looking at (or eating) their lunch, or generally not reading during this time.

His buddy reading is within his class, so it's all the same age group, and maybe that's the problem with it. Reading to/with kids from a lower grade sounds like it might be more helpful and enjoyable for the kids.