Reading Area

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Zelda~*, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Jul 15, 2010

I have found a cute smallish armchair for 20 bucks at a thrift store. I'm going to use it for my "Reading Area"/center in my room this year. I'd also like to have a real bookshelf there too---

How do you guys/gals have your Reading Area set up? :) Any suggestions? I'm trying to make mine very "homey". As I have a small class size (about 8) I don't have to worry too much about rotation of who gets to use it, etc.

3. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Jul 15, 2010

I have a huge stuffed alligator and two bean bags. I am adding a lamp this year...maybe.

4. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2010

Sadly, I have no space in my classroom for a reading area. I just make sure the kids have room to get to and see all the books on my two bookshevles. Most of the time, reading is done at their desks.

5. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Jul 16, 2010

I have an old armchair that the students love sitting on when they are reading books. I also have a small blue carpet on the floor in my reading area. My bookcases are filled with books. I have two bookcases that were provided by the school, and I bought two more bookcases with my own money to hold the rest of my books. I am now in the process of putting my books into tubs according to genres, authors, topics, etc.

6. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 16, 2010

I bought two chair for my reading center and ended up not using them. My kids love laying on pillows all over the floor.