reading area ideas??

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by jitterbug2, Aug 6, 2007.

1. jitterbug2

jitterbug2 Rookie

Aug 6, 2007

I am doing a "park" theme this year. I have bugs, flowers, and little critters all over the place. This way, I can change it a little throughout the seasons and I won't grow tired of it. I am having trouble however coming up with a name for it. In my reading area, I painted my bookshelves green, I have a park bench with lots of pillows, and I have lots of big leafy plants. I am putting a big tree in the middle (called our "reading tree") and it will have a "treehouse" in it just like in the Magic Tree House Series. I want the theme to be something similar to the books but still using the park theme... about books taking you anywhere, imagination, destination...something. The best I can come up with is "Imagination Park," but I know I can do better than that. Any suggestions??

3. cb4pebbles

cb4pebbles Companion

Aug 6, 2007

If you are still struggling to come up with a name using the word "park" maybe you could do something with the word "garden" since many parks have gardens. The Secret Garden maybe...I have no idea.

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 7, 2007

How about "The Amusement Park" since reading is supposed to amuse you?? Hopefully this wouldn't be confused with going on a roller coaster...