Re-Posting a Position - Advice?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MrK, May 6, 2016.

1. MrK

MrK Rookie

May 6, 2016

So this is a bit of a rant, a bit of advice seeking.

I interviewed for a position last week and thought it went well. I didn't make it to the second round of interviews, which is fair. I get it. So I asked for some feedback about my interview from the VP. Nothing. Alright, that's fine.

I saw today that the job was reposted and I'm kinda miffed about it now. What would you do in this particular situation? Is it even worth reapplying or something to move on from? How do you all process something like this? Part of me wants to reapply because I think I am a good fit for the position, but the other part of me doesn't due to the fact that I didn't make it to 2nd round interviewing.

I completely forgot how frustrating job hunting can be. Hang in there, everyone! Thanks for letting me rant and for the advice!

3. pommom

pommom Comrade

May 6, 2016

How do you know there was a second round of interviews? Did you get an email or a phone call saying you wern't selected to move forward? Instead of asking for feedback (because they never respond back and if they do respond, they will be VERY vague and tell you they found a better fit) I would have just send a thank you email after the interview and let it be from there. The new posting could be another position added on.

4. pommom

pommom Comrade

May 6, 2016

Also, it is still very very early! Just because you interviewed recently, doesn't mean they are making decisions right now.

5. jadorelafrance

jadorelafrance Cohort

May 6, 2016

I would apply again. It could be another new opening in the district.

6. MrK

MrK Rookie

May 6, 2016

They told me there would be another interview after the 1st one if I was selected. They emailed me saying I wasn't selected and they were moving forward with other candidates.

Thanks for the advice, pommom. And jadore: it's at the same school, but possibly for a different position. I'm gonna try and apply again.

7. waterfall

waterfall Maven

May 6, 2016

A reposted position at my school means we didn't like any of the original candidates enough to hire anyone and would like to interview a new round of candidates. We've done that a couple of times. I know that's not what you want to hear, but if you're looking for honest opinions I would say that is most likely what happened. You don't have anything to lose so you might as well apply again, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's also pretty rare for admins to be wiling to give feedback, IMO. They're either not willing to take the time to do it or don't want to open themselves up to some type of discrimination case.

Caesar753, mkbren88 and bella84 like this.
  8. pommom

pommom Comrade

May 7, 2016

Usually when I see positions re-posted, they say "re-post, previous applicants will be considered" but I guess not all schools do that, and they just simply put back the posted position.
    I agree with waterfall. I don't think applying again will get you another interview with them if they already send you an email saying thanks but no thanks.
    I know it sucks, In December I interviewed for a SPED position at this really great school, the interview went good but not great. Now I see an ELAR position posted up at this same school which is what I really want to teach, and I want to apply but they probably won't interview me regarding they interviewed me in December for another job I didn't get.

9. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

May 7, 2016

Around here, you are much more likely to see "re-post, previous applicants need not apply."

10. Sassy98

Sassy98 Rookie

May 7, 2016

Remember to dress for success.

11. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

May 7, 2016

Reapply. You certainly will not get the job if you do not apply so there's nothing to lose.

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 7, 2016

No harm in reapplying. Thinking though that they'd call back anyone from the most recent interview rounds if they were interested.

Last edited: May 10, 2016