Random Vents

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, May 20, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 20, 2011

Let's ALL vent about whatever's on our minds!

I'm going to get even more gray hairs now that I've started this rigorous grad program. This is nothing like any other schooling I've done in the past & I barely started! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

STILL waiting for my SLPA license to come from the board in Sacramento...been waiting since the day bef Christmas...now you see why I'm mad! :mad:

I need a lot more than 24 hrs in a day! I'm not going to bed until after 11:30pm on worknights...almost every night. Before, it was because I WANTED to. Now, I HAVE to. I HATE this hectic, "never have any time for anything" feeling.

My BF is more frustrated, short-tempered, etc. lately & I have to hear all about it.

The tire pressure warning light on my car lit up again today, like it does EVERY other month pretty much since I bought my car...it's a 2009 model.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 20, 2011

That could be dangerous. Have you changed the tire?

I'm good-- no vents, no problems, just a prayer for a dying colleague.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 20, 2011

Ms.I~it could also be changes in weather that effect the tire pressure, but I agree with Alice that maybe you should have it looked at.

No vents today! I'm good! Dh did have to go back south today, but I'm glad that he was able to spend some time with us and be with me at least on my bday morning.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 20, 2011

Alice & stg, I keep my car maintained at all it's scheduled times. I asked the dealership about it & they acted like it was no big deal pretty much. They said to keep regularly checking it & mkg sure the tire pressure is btwn whatever #s they said...I have it written on my paper.

Also, sometimes, my car's passenger airbag warning light randomly goes on to state that it's OFF. When I asked, the dealership said because I may hv something heavy in the seat, which I lay my bookbag there...uh, well a person's heavy too, so if we're in an accident, you mean they're not covered w/ an airbag?! :confused:

6. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

May 20, 2011

The mortgage company made us write a letter about the suspicious "large deposits" my husband puts in the checking account - on the 2nd and 16th of each month...

Hmmm... so puzzling... could it possibly be his PAYCHECKS that he gets on the 1st and 15th?

I was at the end of my rope when I wrote that "explanation letter" they wanted. I had a hard time concealing my annoyance.

7. smalltowngal

May 20, 2011

Wow, DN....you're husband must be RICH!!!! :lol:

8. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 20, 2011

Maybe it's something with their not being enough pressure on the back of the seat or no pressure at the top of the seat so that the car thinks there's a child in the front seat, in which case an airbag could be dangerous. Does the light go off when you have an adult passenger in the front seat or just when you put your book bag there?

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 20, 2011

Here's a random vent about myself...why do I always sabotage my weight loss progress by eating junk food?

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 20, 2011

Ms. I, How long are you going to be in grad school for?

I don't have any major vents. All in all, things are starting to look up. I was EXTREMEMLY stressed out when I first moved to my new town and quit my teaching job. It was just too many changes at once and I ended up having a mental breakdown. But, slowly and surely, things started to get better. I got a job for next year, part time, but it's something. I plan to obtain another science credential in chemistry, and I plan to work on my math authorization.

I think I freak out when I don't have plans in place. If the future is just open to me, with nothing to plan for, then I become paranoid and edgy.

Oh, well, I did just think of some vents:
    1) our house is still vacant. Hoping property management will get that place filled asap.
    2) my car is falling apart.

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 20, 2011

They made us write a letter about our intent to marry since we weren't engaged. Like it is anyone else's business!

12. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

May 20, 2011

No vents here. It is a gorgeous rainy day in Kansas.

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 20, 2011

LOL if your hubby has another way to get large deposits into his checking account, I'd love to know his secret LOL!!

14. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 20, 2011

Life is good, but I feel irritable this morning. Dh has been spending HUGE amounts of time work lately. I understand there are large projects coming up, but after a week of travel he's been out at client dinners until 9/10pm several nights a week. Last night I had to pick him up from one, as we share a car, so I had to park and wait in the city for 4 hours. I'm so grateful he has a wonderful job, but I'm irritated at the amount of time it's taking right now.

And we had to get up for the 7am Crossfit class this morning because he has another client dinner tonight and needs the car, so I'm tired from that, and I just COULDN'T get my double unders down (where you spin the rope under you twice in one jump), and we had to 90 of them, so I have 90 little whip marks on my ankles. I was about to cry at the end of the class.

And I just got a GREAT office chair off Craigslist for my Sprout desk-I was using a folding chair and it really hurt my bottom-but I can't figure out how to make it taller. So that makes me grumpy.

And tonight is my I-got-a-new-job celebration dinner with our good friends and dh said he might be late because of this client dinner. Boo.

I think I need to get back in bed and get up on the RIGHT side of it this morning! :haha: I KNOW my life is good. I'm just being little miss grumpo this morning. I'm about to go to the pool with my good friend for a picnic lunch, though, so that should make me feel better.

15. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 20, 2011

Jem, like you I believe life is good, as a matter of fact it is incredibly good. So I'll just focus on one thing you mentioned about "transportation." You two are sharing one single car....... I'm sure that's not uncommon but I can't imagine sharing a "single" car with my wife. I would make it a priority to get a second vehicle....... In our case, and I have no doubt we are an exception, .... my wife has her SUV, I have my SUV, and we have a jeep and truck which are used for special purposes.......

Hopefully you will consider a 2nd car.... and that would free you up to go anywhere you want....... at any time you want....... Just my two cents.... Major.........

16. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 20, 2011

Thanks, Major. We actually do really well with one car, and I usually have it all the time. I drop him off at work in the morning and then pick him up in the evening. I'll be taking the ferry with my new job, so I won't even need a car then. We have talked about getting a second car when we have a child, simply for safety reasons-if we need to get to the hospital and one of us has the car, we would need a back-up, etc. But for now, it's a good deal. Plus we paid cash, so it's really wonderful not having a car loan. We couldn't do that for another car right now.

17. glen

glen Companion

May 20, 2011

My car does that, too. I'm pretty sure the airbags are linked to the seat belts. If the seat belt isn't latched, the air bag won't function.

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 20, 2011

I believe that the light does go OFF when someone's actually sitting there.

Good to know.

The next 3 yrs, so I graduate in summer 2014. Time zips by, so it won't feel too bad I'm sure.

Glad things are looking up, but sorry your car's falling apart.

19. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

May 21, 2011

So, husband complains of constant interruptions he gets at work by some lady who just likes to come by his cubicle and just chat. This is the number one complain I hear from him constantly.

This last week I've been working on a powerpoint presentation that we are presenting to teachers about our trip to Italy. This has consumed a lot of my time since I have to go through about 2000 pictures and coordinating sound along with it.

So, when I'm working in the bedroom husband keeps coming into the room to chat. If he's in the bedroom, I'm in the livingroom but husband wants to chat again. He even asks me to use the computer to check some random stuff while I'm in the middle of working on my project because he doesn't want to use the mini laptop.

Love my husband, but sometimes he acts like a little kid. I can't do much work when he's around.

20. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 21, 2011

No real vents here...it's been a rainy week but I know that's good for our gardens and there is shining sun this morning! Older son started MBA program this week, younger son is home from college which means piles of stuff to store but I don't complain-my baby's home! Dh will be traveling this week, but he's getting big kudos at work for a technology solution he created and I know everything he does is for our family...hey, a business trip of a few days is so much more bearable than the six month deployments he was on in his Naval career, plus there are no weapons involved:woot: yeah, life is good.:love:

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 21, 2011

I know how you feel. I applied for my additional certification in September 2010 and it didn't come through until February 2011. THEN, I waited and waited for it to come in the mail and it never came. I found out they won't mail it to you until you pay $25!! I called a few times and they never gave me a straight answer as to why it took 5 months!

22. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 21, 2011

TeacherNY, darn them! :mad:

23. jteachette

jteachette Comrade

May 21, 2011

ok, here's my random vent. I hate online dating sites! I have sent messages to a bunch of guys(over 5 months) and have had 1 date.
    Then these guys send me messages and want to meet, but when I suggest a date and time, I never hear from them again, which means one of two things:
    1) They have someone, and weren't serious.
    2) They are married and shouldn't be on the site to begin with.

argh.

If you aren't available, just say so!

24. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

May 22, 2011

I used to do online dating but I would always follow these steps:
    First we would start sending messages through the dating site. Then, we would e-mail each other. The next step would be phone conversations. After we got a good vibe through the phone, we would plan a date.

I met my husband through a dating site. I also dated a guy before through a dating site.

25. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 22, 2011

jteachette, what's really sad about this online dating stuff is that many guys (didn't say all), are becoming more & more spoiled by technology so now, they're even flaky & leave you hanging on the online dating sites. It was bad enough when they were flaky & stood people up in person! :mad:

I don't think I'll ever join any dating site...too many crazies, already married/involved guys, pedophiles, etc.

26. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

May 22, 2011

Today's vent:
    Bathtub in our apartment is leaking. Been begging maintenance to fix it for weeks, and they haven't.

Now, the walls are growing mold, and as much as I try to kill it, it's back the next day.

Home all weekend, wheezing and can't breathe, and I'm sure the bathroom is a huge part of that.

We're closing on our house this week, and I want to break our apartment lease early, so I only have to pay rent for June instead of through July.

I had almost convinced the apartment manager to let me, and then she had to evict four people. So those 4 vacancies go ahead of me, and I can't break my lease unless everything fills up?

So, they're saying I have to keep paying for an apartment that is making me ill?

Been trying to fight it, but haven't gotten anywhere yet.

27. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 22, 2011

^ that's exactly what I did and met mu husband on there. I used match.com but ignored the set matches that came through...I just used my own judgment but yeah you got to weed through people somehow so i'd send msgs, then emails then call and if I still felt like they would be fun to meet then I'd set that up. I was very selective of who I actually met because I was on there to date to find someone to hopefully marry. My husband was my 4th coffee date and we really hit it off.

28. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

May 22, 2011

Same here. Lots of online interaction before talking in person, or meeting in person. If a guy sent his photo too quickly, I was turned off.

My husband and I are a match.com success story. I dated maybe 5ish guys from the site, they were all good people. But, I did a lot of weeding!

29. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

May 22, 2011

Mortgage companies are crazy these days. Two years ago when we almost moved we had to explain a $125 deposit. It was a check from my parents paying us back for something we had paid for them with cash. But seriously, we're getting a mortgage for hundreds of thousands of dollars and you want to know where $125 came from? Yup, it's been two years and that one still kills me! Must say we weren't questioned as to why we had a salary though! Good luck DN!

As far as my vents, haven't got any. Life is good. Kids are off bowling with their grandpa so the house is very quiet, dh is taking a nice little nap, I got grades and chores done this weekend and made an awesome lunch of corn fritters and potato salad, and FIL is treating us to a dinner out tonight. I suppose I could vent about tomorrow being Monday, but that would just postpone the 11 days I have left until my students take their finals, so I can deal with Monday.

30. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 22, 2011

you can meet those kinds of guys 'in person' as well...dating is so you can get to know enough about people to figure out if you want to pursue more of a relationship...online matches work for some, not for others, but couldn't you say the same for any way people meet.

31. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

May 22, 2011

MsMar, really? $125? wow! That would upset me too.

32. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 22, 2011

My knees hurt so much that I almost started crying this afternoon. Nothing is helping. I need knee replacement surgery, and I dread it. I have this awful feeling that I'll die on the operating table. It comes from my father having passed away after a "routine" operation. I know it's ridiculous to feel that way, but I can't seem to shake it.

33. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 22, 2011

Should be...:hugs: to you.

34. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 24, 2011

Hugs, should...

The online course I'm taking this summer went "live" this morning. I logged on to check assignment time frames, etc. It's a well-laid out format, the links to all module readings are right there, and the first couple of assignments have a short turn-around, but they aren't too heavy. My vent---the links to the readings aren't working! Hopefully someone forgot to click a check-box and it will all be okay later today.

35. smalltowngal

May 24, 2011

The bathroom flooded last night.

And my alarm didn't go off this morning.

36. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 24, 2011

OH NO!!!! (on both counts!)

37. smalltowngal

May 24, 2011

Yeah, I still didn't get the toilet fixed so I'm using my daughter's for right now. I tried plunging it, but it did no good. I don't want to have to call a plumber.

38. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 24, 2011

No more vents lately. Tomorrow's my last day of work & it will be a easy day like today, Mon & most of last week were! :)

That's exactly it (well, for me personally anyway). There's enough to worry about in person. I don't need all these online dating worries too!

39. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

May 24, 2011

Ok, I am at an amusement park with the 6th graders and I was on the dragon swing with one of my students. She threw up during the ride and I had to sit there until it came to a complete stop. I still feel like I'm going to be sick.

40. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 24, 2011

Oh no, how many others did the vomit get on? :(

41. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 24, 2011

This is my week of freedom before starting my new job next Tuesday, and I came down with a NASTY head cold yesterday. I feel like I'm drowning and choking all the time. Very thankful it's this week instead of next-I can't imagine starting the new job like this-but it's not the productive/relaxing start to the week I had planned!!