Random TV Watching!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 24, 2014

Now that we're on our Christmas breaks, have any of you been watching a show called House of DVF in which fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg picks a brand ambassador out of a group of girls? I liked that show.

I've still got to catch up on Forever...never watched any of it yet.

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 24, 2014

Forever is getting really good!! I have to catch up on Revenge. I missed a bunch of episodes. I won't have time to watch anything until probably Saturday.

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Dec 24, 2014

I watch very little popular tv. Right now I'm watching the Christmas movies and I always watch the Harry Potter movies over Christmas vacation .

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 24, 2014

This is a movie, but I finally watched The Single Moms Club last night. It was so-so. I will also probably soon watch:

We're the Millers
    Sex Tape
    The Other Woman
    Maleficent
    Temptation

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 28, 2014

There's a new show that will be starting on the Lifetime channel called Child Genius that I'll watch. It looks interesting. Anyone else going to watch?

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 28, 2014

I've never heard of that one.
    Has anyone watched The Librarians?

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 28, 2014

I've heard of that one, but haven't watched.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 7, 2015

The new shows I've been watching are The Slap & American Crime. Also DVR'd Secrets and Lies, but haven't watched just yet.

10. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Mar 7, 2015

I've missed 17 days of school, most in the last month. I'm not a television fan usually, but I've been snowed in so much I joined Netflix and have watched a lot of shows.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 8, 2015

Netflix put out a new season of Drop Dead Diva so I watched it this weekend. That poor lady can't catch a break! I'll probably start watching the new episodes of House of Cards this week.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 8, 2015

I watch to check out Secrets and Lies. Let us know how it was!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 8, 2015

Watched it last night. It was a 2-hr premiere & I liked it a lot!

I've also been watching Fresh Off the Boat, blackish, CSI: Cyber, & some paranormal shows, along w/ ALL my many others!

Can't wait for Mistresses to return & the new show The Whispers to start.

14. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Mar 8, 2015

I'm lucky if I get to watch 15-20 minutes of television per day. I normally watch 5 minutes of the news in the morning and wind down before bed as I watch the Food Network/HGTV.

I tend to watch a bit more TV during summer vacation.

15. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 9, 2015

I watch shows on HULU online so I can just watch it when it's convenient. If I only watched shows when they were aired on tv I'd miss them all. A lot are on past my bedtime!

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 4, 2015

Who watches Secrets & Lies? Did anyone see that coming?! I thought maybe his wife did it or even possibly the older daughter, but not the younger daughter. Season 2's really going to be interesting! Love, love, love that show!

Also, how about Revenge? That 2nd to the series finale episode was the best yet since their 1st season of episodes. Too bad it's getting good when it's been cancelled!

I'm loving Forever too...still catching up w/ episodes.

Still have to get back into How to Get Away with Murder & watch those last 6 eps...haven't watched in forever!

17. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

May 4, 2015

I love Forever too, but I heard it's probably getting cancelled. :(

18. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 4, 2015

I love TV but there is no way that I'd ever have enough time to watch all these shows. How do you do it?

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 4, 2015

I'm a few episodes behind on Revenge. Although I think it stinks that it would get cancelled, I think a lot of the "Revenge" got carried out and maybe they ran out of things to be "Revengy" about (I laughed out loud when said Revengy one time LOL).

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 4, 2015

Can't wait for Mistresses, Murder in the First, ANTM, SYTYCD, Bachelorette, Rizzoli & Isles, MasterChef, & Devious Maids to return!

Also, have to catch up on American Crime & The Lizzie Borden Chronicles.

Also looking forward to seeing The Whispers, Proof, UnReal, & WayWard Pines.

That too?! Oh no. My other good ones already ended (Mentalist, Parenthood, & now Revenge). If I'm behind on some episodes, but I find out it will be cancelled, I usually don't like to waste my time watching the rest of the episodes.

Ha! I'm quite a night owl, so that in combo w/ my DVR & I watch on my own time. My DVR I think records 60-70 something hrs of TV, but it's been at 90 something % full of recorded shows. I'm slowly catching up w/ watching & having more recording space. I usually have a couple Lifetime movies waiting to be seen, so that takes up space.

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 4, 2015

I read for a while before I can fall asleep. I guess it would be the same as people watching tv at night. Id just rather read so I'm behind on all the shows.

22. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 8, 2015

Drats! Forever has been cancelled (after just 1 season) & a lot of people are upset about it, including me. :(

23. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 8, 2015

I recently caught Broadchurch on Netflix and got hooked. Binge watched the whole first season and then found the current season on regular tv. Luckily, it's been renewed.

I really hate to get hooked on a series and then it gets cancelled just when it is getting better!!

24. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 8, 2015

We look forward to Franklin & Bash every summer, so bummed not on any more!

Ms.I Melissa & Joey is cancelled too.

25. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 8, 2015

I liked Franklin and Bash but didn't have time to watch more than the first few episodes. I liked Melissa and Joey but once they got married I didn't think it was as good.

26. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

May 8, 2015

Well, that stinks. Forever is, by far, my favorite show. There's almost nothing left on TV worth watching for me.

27. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 8, 2015

Yeah, it was one of two new shows I started watching this year. I'm down to only a handful of shows I watch regularly anymore. Just Modern Family, SVU, SHIELD, NCIS, Bones, Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, and in the summer Major Crimes, Perception, and Rizzoli and Isles. Sometimes I'll watch Castle and Mysteries of Laura if I happen to catch them on, and then Sister Wives and The Christleys are my guilty pleasure shows. I mostly record those and watch them in long marathons while I grade papers on school breaks.

28. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 8, 2015

I am so not motivated by what others watch..I'm more news tuned in...wondering how many who are series ,motivated are knowledgeable on current events..:dizzy: and how those events influence and impact our nation...and I shake my head....:dizzy::|

29. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 8, 2015

Well, I'm working on my Masters in liberal arts and sciences with a concentration in communication and media, so I stay pretty well informed about what's going on in the world... It is possible to enjoy watching mindless television sometimes and also be an educated person. Some may even consider a knowledge of pop culture to be a part of cultural literacy.

30. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 8, 2015

Because pop culture deals with isis and Benghazi..:dizzy:..one could argue mindless tv (and I do watch) is a diversion fom what really matters...Just not seeing the real news cited here as what anyone is watching...

31. waterfall

waterfall Maven

May 8, 2015

I was sick last weekend and binge watched secrets and lies. I thought it looked interesting when it came out but didn't have time to watch. I'm kind of glad I waited because then I didn't have to wait an entire week in between each episode. I was definitely shocked at the ending- didn't see that coming at all! I've heard they are not sure if it will come back for season 2, but the guy who plays Ben is definitely out even if they do come back. I would love to see a follow up season about the youngest daughter.

32. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

May 8, 2015

Because the thread is not "what news show do you watch." And weren't you just recently upset with people being judgemental of others eating and drinking habits? Hmmm...

33. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 8, 2015

This was a thread about what random TV shows people watch, and which ones were being cancelled, etc. I tend to watch Mike and Mike in the Morning to catch up on my sports news, and I listen to pop radio in the car on the way to work to catch up on pop culture news so I'll know what the heck my kids are talking about. While I drink my coffee before school, I like to catch up on reading the news, mostly my local paper and the BBC online. During my planning, I catch up on public radio or different podcasts I listen to. Honestly, I don't watch the news much, because I would rather read it. Broadcast news is so sensationalized and I avoid it unless there's some huge breaking story or I have to watch it for a journalism class I'm taking. There are so many ways to get news these days. Sometimes I read CNN.com while I'm watching a trashy T show!

34. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 9, 2015

I detest watching news on tv and since I dint have cable I just watch a few tv shows online. If I want news I'll look at an article online. I'm more of a reader like MissCelia.

35. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 9, 2015

I choose not to obsessively watch the news. I did for a while and realized I was becoming very depressed. I watch and /or read news daily, but then move on. There are very few series I watch regularly. I tend to stick more to Food Netwrok, HGTV, etc. I found Big Bang Theory a couple of years ago and love it. I also watch Longmire (which was cancelled and will now be in Netflix, so that's that.) I also enjoy watching classics like MASH, Chips, etc. boring, I know. Lol

36. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 9, 2015

I loved Longmire. I miss the Food Network since i don't have cable anymore. I go to my sister's house to watch Game of Thrones but I do have Netflix if I'm really bored.

37. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 9, 2015

I watched F&B when it started, but stopped watching after a while. I wanted to like it.

I agree that M&J was not as good after they got married. Yes, I learned of their cancellation wks ago & it's a shame too!

MissCeliaB & Kat53, you're spot on! For czacza to actually think that just because none of us talk about watching/listening to the news, that we don't do it, well that's just ignorant thinking. For those who choose to solely watch the news, good. I prefer to have a "bit" more fun & variety w/ my tv-watching than that. (Now, wait for another comeback comment guys.)

From what I've seen, it's probable that season 2 is coming! :D

38. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 27, 2015

Did anyone watch The Lizzie Borden Chronicles? I really liked it. I'm glad they made a show out of it from the Lifetime movie & that they used the same actor (Christina Ricci). I hope there's another season, but then it did say mini-series...but you never know!

39. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 27, 2015

Does anyone watch the mystery shows on the Hallmark channel? I found some online and so far watched the Chocolate Chip Cookie murder. It was based on a series of books I've read so I wascurious to see how the movie would be.

40. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 29, 2015

I keep telling myself I should watch the Hallmark Channel's shows/movies, but I haven't been.

41. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 29, 2015

I don't have cable so I didn't even know about Hallmark's movies but I just happened to see something about them on Facebook. I've only watched a few but I hear a lot of them are good.