Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 9, 2014

I see!

2. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 16, 2014

When I went to the gym this morning, they had a greater amount of ALL new cardio machines! They were nice! :D

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 20, 2014

Yesterday, I did the painstaking chore of wiping off my EXTREMELY dusty jewelry stands, top of the dresser, & I'm sure over 200 pieces of jewelry one by one. It gets dusty because my jewelry is right next to my bedroom window. It took about an hour. Glad that's over! :dizzy:

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 27, 2014

Ok, maybe i'm in the minority but is anyone really tired of seeing those ice bucket challenges on Facebook? Only one of my friends actually donated money. Anyway, of course grown adults can do anything they want (and look foolish while doing it) but when people start dumping water on kids and pets It think that's going a bit too far.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 27, 2014

Kids & pets too?! Ay, ay, ay. Yes, I'm tired of seeing it. I see them on YouTube & regular TV.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 27, 2014

Yeah, my cousin posted a video of her dumping buckets of water on her kids' heads (3 and 6 years old). I also see people dumping water on dogs. My dog would hate that!!

7. kaeco510

kaeco510 Companion

Aug 27, 2014

You're not in the minority. I have stopped going on fb recently because I am so sick of watching them. I have a few friends who simply donated money and posted a link to the donation website.

I feel bad for being annoyed at them, but I feel like a lot of people are doing it because its "cool" and not because of the cause behind it.

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 27, 2014

Right. In the videos they are strutting around like they did something cool. Very proud of themselves but all they did was get attention. I wasn't nominated but I probably would have declined. Also, I think $100 is a bit steep. Let the celebrities donate that much and more and maybe us regular folks can maybe afford $25? Just my :2cents:

9. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Aug 27, 2014

My AP and AD did the Ice Bucket Challenge on the first day back and our P and another Admin member was challenged to take it next week.

I wanted to ask if any of them have actually donated a dime to ALS research, but I know my place at work.:cool:

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 27, 2014

I enjoy the ALS ice bucket videos...especially if someone does it AND donates. My entire family has done the challenge:thumb: I've read so far over $88 million has been raised:thumb:

11. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Aug 27, 2014

Watch some of the videos of people with ALS do the challenge. I had felt the same but then saw videos and messages of how happy it made those with ALS and I changed my mind. Even those who don't donate might be more likely to donate in the future because they remember the disease

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 27, 2014

I guess the issue is that the people i've seen in the videos don't seem to take it seriously. They are just doing it so they can act silly. I think it's a good cause and would donate if I had extra $$ but some people just ruin a good thing I guess.

13. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 6, 2014

Three days to my first pay day!

I was never challenged, but if I had been I probably would have done I micro-bucket (glass of ice water) and made a donation. When Sweets and his buddies were challenged they posted the link for alsa.com with the link so others could donate if they didn't want to do the challenge.

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 6, 2014

That's awesome. I never saw any links posted actually so I doubt anyone I know actually donated. I'm just glad it's finally dying down and nobody has asked me to do it. I really don't have extra money to donate to charities right now but if I did I think I'd want to choose the charity myself and not be backed into a corner with one particular one.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 17, 2014

My friend, who I haven't seen in a little over a year drove to my area to visit (she's about 45-60 min away). We talked for a good 2.5 hours non-stop & it was just so nice to do that! :D We could have talked another hour, but she had to drive back home right after, but I told her we can't let another year pass by w/o seeing each other! I think she's driving out again soon & we're going to see a movie & have lunch.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 20, 2014

Ugghhh! My stomach doesn't feel so great! :( I'm sure I ate too many different foods today:

hot dog
    wasabi ginger potato chips
    several curly fries dipped w/ cheese sauce & ranch
    sugary Mr. Pibb soda
    3 pieces of greasy leftover pizza

I'm drinking water now & will be eating very lightly & carefully the next few days!

17. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 20, 2014

I had a great day today with two of my friends. We went out to eat, shopped all day, and laughed a lot. We were out about 12 hours!

Now I'm at BF's house. He's getting ready to give me my birthday present . . . an owl tattoo!

18. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2014

Great gift, Ima!

Hope you feel better, Ms. I. My stomach really feels it when I don't eat well--a big handful of snap peas or celery usually helps get things back on track.

My son was here overnight--he was in the city for the day yesterday and it's easier to get here in the middle of the night then it is to get back to where he's living. I'll make him a big breakfast and drive him back early this afternoon.

19. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2014

Looking forward to having both kids home from college next weekend. I am normally alone, so a weekend with DH and 2 young men, and I'm sure the GFs for some of the time, will be fun! Getting a new car also, and then I'm hosting relatives from out of the country. Better start cleaning!

20. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 21, 2014

Here is the finished (almost) product.

[​IMG]

Originally I thought about having color, but I'm thinking gray shaded now since it is such intricate line work.

He says it's my last one since I'm a wimp. This one was intense.

21. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2014

It's beautiful, Ima!

22. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2014

Hire a house cleaning service, enjoy the car, how exciting to have foreign relatives coming, and last, but so not least, enjoy having your kids home for the weekend! No matter what you do, or don't do, it will be great!

23. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 21, 2014

Thanks a lot MrsC. Surprisingly, I woke up this morning & still didn't feel back to normal. I took a few papaya pills from the health store. My BF will get some 7Up soon too. At least I get to relax all day & not have to do anything!

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 21, 2014

Ah, lots of new fall shows starting this coming wk of 9/22. My DVR's set to record them all & more! :D

25. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 21, 2014

Oh yeah, I have been waiting for a bunch of them to start up again. I'm looking forward to some cool fall evenings with my snuggie, watching some good tv shows!

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 4, 2014

I was at Big Lots earlier & the line was long since they're having a 20% off sale. There was 1 long line, but then 2 more lines opened up & the employees made 2 loud & clear announcements over the loud speaker about it.

About 10 min later, I get what I need & it's time for me to get in line. I get in one of the 2 lines that opened since there's now 3 distinct lines, so people can walk to whichever one they want to. It was NOT one of those situations where everyone waits at a certain place & whichever cashier in any of the lines is ready to ring up a customer, the next cust goes to that cashier. This wanka, who needs to be minding her own business (who's in one of the shorter lines herself) sees that I get in one of the new lines & takes it upon herself to tell me there were other people waiting back there. I say, "Well the employees told them new lines have opened." To myself I'm thinking: Mind your own business, it's not my fault if they don't walk over to them.

Now strangers never usually say anything to me, but this lady decided to I guess.

27. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Oct 5, 2014

Let it go.

28. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 5, 2014

I know Missy. It wasn't a big deal, I just felt like typing it out this time. Others vent on here too from time to time too..at least I didn't create a thread about it.

29. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Oct 5, 2014

I think putting it here was perfect. Just writing about it frees your mind, kind of like therapy. I, for one, and I don't mean this in a bad way, don't read this thread for long philosophical discussions. I really do assume it is RANDOM THOUGHTS. That kind of says it all to me! :toofunny:

30. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 5, 2014

Yeah, that's the point of "random thoughts"! I had that happen to me once in Toys R Us when I was buying stuff for my class. The cashier called me over to her line and this nasty woman said she was next. She was in another line and gabbing on her phone so maybe if she was paying attention she would have been next!!

31. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 5, 2014

lynettstoy & TeacherNY, right guys! :thumb: At times ya just have to vent, as minute as it may be.

32. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 12, 2014

I belong to this free program in which I accumulate points that I can redeem for numerous stores, restaurants & other things. When it gets close to certain Christmas times, I like to redeem the points I have so I can have a bit of extra fun! For this yr, I plan to redeem the points for:

- $50 movies GC
    - $50 at Target or Walmart
    - $100 at Macy's or 2 $50s someplace else...maybe one of them a restaurant

(If anyone wants me to refer them, please PM me your 1st & last name & email.)

33. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 12, 2014

Wow, Ms. I, that sounds like a great program. Do you have to buy stuff to get the points?

34. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 12, 2014

You can, but you don't have to buy anything. Just about daily, the program sends emails about possible things or services you can buy, but you don't have to. Just clicking on a certain area of the email automatically gives you 5 pts. I currently have 26,000 points & yes I've bought some things along the way, such as things at HSN or QVC that I normally use, such as shampoo, etc. But there's a lot of retailers they partner with in which you can get points for ordering online.

35. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 20, 2014

Was feeling bad Sun night! :( I think the lactose intolerance I seem to be developing was it, unless something was wrong w/ the food I ate.

In the past, I only got minor gas (sorry for tmi) if I ate a pretty good amt of frozen yogurt. That's all & never if dairy products are cooked. Yesterday, at a restaurant, I got spinach dip (which has cheese) & ate a well-done beef hamburger patty w/ grilled mushrooms, grilled cheese, & avocado & later ate a good-sized cup of frozen yogurt.

I guess that was too much dairy in one day, but I actually threw up a couple of times & my stomach ached, which I never had from eating daily before. Uggh. Feeling better now that it's morning.

36. Miz_Jay

Miz_Jay Companion

Oct 20, 2014

Mrs. I - I know the feeling! My own lactose intolerance really acted up this weekend after 2 glasses of 2% milk which usually my tummy can handle just fine. It was not fun to say the least.

37. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 20, 2014

Miz_Jay, I don't really drink milk, but smoothies sometimes. I have to see how much dairy I can consume w/o feeling sick. But yesterday I guess was just too much. I better mention this to my health-conscious mom. She should know more about how to cope w/ it.

38. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 20, 2014

You seem to eat a lot of fast food, take out, pre packaged and restaurant food, Ms. I. Those could cause gastro-intestinal distress with or without dairy.

You might want to start a food diary and notice trends...then me your concerns to your doctor.

39. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 3, 2014

Yay! 3 packages arrived today & it's only 12:30p here! Those delivery people are on the ball to get set for Christmas! :D

40. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 3, 2014

My longtime friend (since college days) had a costume party Saturday night. I was looking forwards on it since we don't see each other's often. Saturday morning she texts me to say that my date isn't welcome.

She knows nothing about him other than what he looks like and what he does for a living.

I declined my party invitation since he couldn't go. Now she's mad.

I don't have time for her drama. We dressed up and went out anyway.