Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 28, 2008.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 16, 2009

I'm not really into cars but that show does seem cool, Ms.I!

2. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Dec 17, 2009

I love the moments in time where the extraordinary existence of life is so fully expressed through the arts I am left speechless. Whether it's music, visual arts or dance....I wish people knew the beauty in the way the arts can express our inner souls. Not enough people know what that feels like.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 17, 2009

Yes, it sure was! I like going at least every other year. :)

4. scienceboy

scienceboy Rookie

Dec 17, 2009

SWEET!! Thanks for the pics :) I'll really try to go next year. Beent to the one in SD many times but it certainly is lacking....

5. scienceboy

scienceboy Rookie

Dec 17, 2009

Quick question, how many posts, how many days, how many anything until I'm not a freaking rookie any more??? :mad:

6. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 17, 2009

Science boy, you have to post more in the education forums. The Teacher Time out posts don't count towards your posts.

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 17, 2009

You need 50 posts in education threads and 30 days membership, if I recall that correctly.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 17, 2009

SB, being a rookie is okay.

9. Securis

Securis Cohort

Dec 17, 2009

Rookies!

10. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 17, 2009

My maiden name is similar to Rookie, and I was called Rookie a lot when younger.

11. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 17, 2009

Christmas break needs to start tomorrow! Can we just call off the next 2.5 school days? Please?? I had a boy shoot a pencil into the ceiling yesterday, and absolute chaos in the room today when they were supposed to be working in small goups on their end-fo-novel projects for Monday. Dear God, Can we please have another huge storm?

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 18, 2009

I agree! I wish today had been Friday. I work w/ students in small grps throughout the day, but due to all the Christmas festivities, rehearsals for a progrm tomorrow, etc., I only worked w/ 2 students the entire day today.

13. scienceboy

scienceboy Rookie

Dec 18, 2009

Ah I see, then post I shall! There are drawbacks to being a rookie that's why I ask. Thank you for the help to all who replied :)

Yes yes, I'm a noob.

14. Kase

Kase Companion

Dec 18, 2009

I just received my site supervisor permit!! YAY!

15. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 18, 2009

I'm annoyed. It's been a long day with both school and my second job waitressing. The quick money is great, the aching feet and exhausted body, not so much.

16. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 18, 2009

My oldest grandson came up to visit. I filled the pantry with food, and it was gone the first night.

He just brought a friend home, and they have decided to stay here until Tuesday. I went to the store and spent another $127 on food to keep us going. I had forgotten how much teens eat. And, I will have my 9 year old grandson, who eats a lot, but he eats my healthy food.

I love having all the kids here, but did not forsee how much food it would take to feed them three meals, plus snacks.

I am putting them to work. Tonight they will wrap most of my Christmas gifts, and tomorrow they will help me bake my Christmas bread. And, then the cleaning will begin.

17. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 19, 2009

For all intents and pruposes, the semester is finished. My class is done. My grades are done. The Christmas party is done. The report cards are printed. It's all over but the next day and a half when all must be present simply so we can say we were present and make the state happy. Monday and Tuesday could be relaxed and fun or (if they continue as wound up as they have been the past two weeks) compelte chaos. At lease up until now I had the report cards to dangle over their heads. Now not even that. I hope they return Monday more subdued now that the parties are over.

18. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 19, 2009

Our parties aren't until Tuesday, program on Monday, and the kids will be wild and crazy for the next few days.

I am just playing around waiting on the Saints to go marchin' in. I can't wait for the game. Hopefully, we will be 14-0 after tonight.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 20, 2009

MUST FINISH CHRISTMAS SHOPPING TOMORROW. Someone please give me a 7am wake-up call tomorrow morning :lol:

My husband and I just finished watching the movie Orphan. I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater. I kept shrieking LOL

20. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 20, 2009

TeacherNY~I would call you at 7am, but that would mean waking up at 6am myself to make that call on time...and I just don't think I can do it! but my hubby will be up! He could do it.

so I have a long list of things to do tomorrow: wrap up remaining gifts, go get a memory card in order to put pics on a frame for in laws, call pedi to get appt for dd, laundry, clean house. Someone wanna come do this for me?

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 20, 2009

That's ok smalltowngal...I guess I'll just set my alarm clock. And I've decided on 8am not 7 LOL

22. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 20, 2009

I come do your work if you come teach my classes.

23. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 21, 2009

I have to work today and tomorrow, but I promise you there won't be much teaching :D

24. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 21, 2009

Same here!

25. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 21, 2009

The kids are wild today, my kindergartners couldn't control themselves and I still have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade to go. They are exhausting today I need a nap!

26. smalltowngal

Dec 21, 2009

Oh darn, DHE, guess I'm just stuck doing it today. :p Hope you have a great two days! I know the kiddos were crazy last week so I can just imagine how they would be if we still had to go two days!

TeacherNY~hope you made it up by 8am. I normally push my time to wake up back too.

27. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 21, 2009

Haha well I woke up at 8am but my husband was home from work today so he asked me to make him breakfast and by the time I was done cleaning up it was almost 10am. I finished up the Christmas cards and wrapped a few presents that I'm sending to my friend. Now I have to go to the post office. I think I will spend the rest of the day cleaning and wrapping the presents I already have then I can go shopping early tomorrow morning since my husband will be at work and not bug me :)

28. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 21, 2009

I just had a random thought (what a surprise!!). Does anyone give a card/present to their mailman?? I know I wrote out a card for him last year but I don't remember if I put anything in with the card. I am going to keep a look out tomorrow to see if it is the same guy that we've been having for the last year. He is nice and jolly for a mailman! LOL We've had some grumpy ones in the past.

29. smalltowngal

Dec 21, 2009

TeacherNY~I've never put a card for the mailman. Just never thought of it.

Well, I got everything done I wanted to except I haven't called the pedi yet. Guess I need to do that now.

30. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2009

Some people tip their mailman at Christmas. Our last mail person was a kind woman who made friends with our dogs and was nice to talk to. This one is a mean SOB who hates our dogs so they act up because he starts swearing at them as soon as he gets nea,r putting out a bad vibe. He won't be getting anything from me, that's for sure. The whole neighborhood thinks he is a pain who seems to hate people, dogs and his job. What a difference an attitude makes.

31. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 21, 2009

The last woman who was our mail carrier had a real attitude problem. I called her Attila the Hun LOL The one we have now (at least I think he's still on this route) is a very nice man who sometimes comes to my door with things that do not fit in the mailbox. My dog always barks at him and tries to jump on him but he never gets mad and is always smiling.

32. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 22, 2009

It was raining cats & dogs last night & again early this morning. It stopped for now, but may rain on & off today. I need to leave my car parked otuside the garage during the next big rain so I can get a good car wash! :D

33. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 22, 2009

After school today I had a kid run up to me, Ms. Crzy Ms Crzy! There's a rat behind the door!

So this is during dismissal and I go and look behind the door and sure enough there is a terrified little mouse staring right up at me. He was so cute and scared; he was the last thing I expected to see at my urban school. Poor little guy was still there when I left for the end of the day.

34. Securis

Securis Cohort

Dec 22, 2009

Unfortunately, the poor thing will probably still be there when you get back. Out in the open, mid day, didn't try to run equal ill and likely subject to poisonous intoxicants. When we came back from summer break the smell was awful.

35. Securis

Securis Cohort

Dec 23, 2009

Merry Christmas A to Z, Happy Holidays, Blessed and Happy New Year.

36. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Dec 23, 2009

So much for ornament pictures. ;P

37. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 23, 2009

They are on the ornament pictures thread lol

38. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 24, 2009

Merry Christmas A-Z Family!

No need to dream of a white Christmas this year. We are expecting another 12-18 inches of snow. I'll have to dig out to get to my parents house tomorrow.

39. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 30, 2009

Ahh! :) Today, I think is the 1st day since Christmas break's started that it's raining here. I went out briefly to run an errand, but I'll probably stay home today!

I woke up yesterday morning w/ a sore throat darn it! :mad: I gargled w/ warm salt vinegar water last night. I need to do it a few times today.

40. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2009

Today I was too tired to do anything else, but sleep. At this time of year, I replace my desk plates and regroup my students. It was in the plans to do that today, but my body said rest. So I listened to my body. I just got up about 20 mins ago.