Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 28, 2008.

1. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Sep 24, 2009

Yes it is the love of God that keeps me from truly truly telling him off...but I am done with him.

And on to other things....farmville on facebook is so addictive! LOL

2. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Sep 25, 2009

I have a farm on Farmville! But, I really like Farm Town better. You get to interact with people all over the world there! VERY interesting!

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 26, 2009

I have a farm on Farm Town as well. It is addictive, but now that school and classes have taken over my life yet again I am less involved with the online games. Mafia Wars is another one I'm hooked on. Since you can't stay long it is easy for me to visit often.

4. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Sep 27, 2009

I hate to call people and get their voice mail.

5. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Sep 28, 2009

I know how you feel. I usually hang up.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 28, 2009

I like to get voicemail if I called someone I didn't really WANT to call but HAD to call. That way I just give them the message and get off the phone LOL

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 29, 2009

Actually, I don't mind voicemail. If the person I'm calling isn't there, I prefer it as opposed to someone else answering because that means that person is writing down my message/info where it could get lost and/or incorrectly written. With voicemail, it's my own voice, so I know everything's recorded & accurate!

8. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 29, 2009

I'm a stinker! When I call long distance, I pray for voicemail to answer so they call me and foot the bill!

9. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 29, 2009

Things seem to be progressing in my saga. I'll post more details when I see how things play out. Looking good though!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 30, 2009

Yay, probably going to the fair again tonight! I haven't eaten anything all day to save my appetite. :D

11. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Sep 30, 2009

Its the end of the fiscal year where my husband works.
    Today, his work hours are 2:00 pm to 4:00 am! :eek:

(His surgery is tentatively set for October 15th.)

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 1, 2009

I really hate ITBS week just as much as the kids. Testing is stressful on all of us.

13. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 1, 2009

YAY!!! Testing is done!

14. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Oct 1, 2009

I took off tomorrow for a much needed mental health day.

Now I am missing my job!

15. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Oct 1, 2009

Argh!!! My neighbors won't turn down their horrible music!! I don't want to spend my evening listening to their bass thumping through my walls!

God knows it is better than somethings I could listen to, but I was spoiled by the months of empty apartment neighbor time.

/rant

:D

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 3, 2009

More than ever, I really, really want to go to EVERY summer Olympics from now on! I want to save up $10K for London in 2012 & I'd love to go to Rio in 2016. :D But, I wished it had been Japan in 2016.

17. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 5, 2009

Oh! London for the Olympics would be wonderful!! I hope you make it Ms. I. I had a wonderful time when I was there a few years ago, and it was winter. I'd love to go back during the summer.

Zelda, could you call in a complaint about the noise? I'm thinking the landlord first but the cops eventually. This could be considered disturbing the peace. When I'm driving around and a car with that awful bass causes my windows and steering column to vibrate, I like to crank up the classical music station as loud as i can stand it! If I have to listen to theirs, they can listen to mine. All the better if it is the William Tell Overture or something like that.

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 5, 2009

runsw/scissors, great since you've been to London before, I can seek you out for info later. ;)

Oh I love how the weather gets in October! Time to turn on the electric blanket & dig out the sweaters & pajamas!

19. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Oct 5, 2009

I hate to see the one I love cry. Makes me want to cry too.

This is the first time I ever said "I love you " to my SO. Is there a time frame to fall in love?

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 6, 2009

I am burning the midnight oil! I just finished & submitted my assignment for one of my online classes! Earlier, I took a quiz.

21. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 6, 2009

I'm waiting eagerly to see what happens! Got a call last night from someone. Whoever it was hung up after two rings (before I could answer.)

22. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Oct 6, 2009

Moving is SO much work. So glad this will be the last time we do it for quite some time!

23. Kase

Kase Companion

Oct 7, 2009

I just turned in the lease applications for a new apartment 5 blocks from the beach! It's 5 mins walking distance from the library, 10 mins walking distance from the grocery store. I really want this apartment! I'm so nervous!

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 7, 2009

Ahh, I love days like today. I'm free to do what I want & the weather's in the mid 60s!

Kase, I like SD & wouldn't mind living there. Wow, that close to the beach!

25. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Oct 8, 2009

I hope he is not mad. :(

26. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 8, 2009

Ohhhh, I just had an appointment to meet with someone from my grandson's school to help write a grant. The other person did not show up. I was volunteering my time, I had to drive a long ways, and worst of all--I had to get up before noon to get there.

27. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 8, 2009

Ooooooohhhhh, that is awful. I went out to tutor one night last week, went in their door, put the books down, and the kid told me they weren't expecting me that night. Yikes.

28. Kase

Kase Companion

Oct 9, 2009

We got the apartment!!!! I'm so excited! We move in the first weekend of next month! It can't come fast enough!

29. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 11, 2009

Boys are stupid. present company excepted (maybe)

30. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Oct 12, 2009

I am on the look out for an apartment. I really did not want to live with mom again but because of circumstances beyond our control, I must. I guess it will work out for good.

31. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 12, 2009

blessedhands, I'm sorry you have to live w/ your mom. Didn't you say she was in a retirement home? I remember you started a thread a long time ago about some incident that happened there.

Your kids are grown & out of the house right? Well, at least you get to have close contact w/ your mom again. I hope the two of you get along well! :)

32. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 12, 2009

Hope everyone had a nice day. I had off so I ran some errands and made a few batches of doggy treats for my dog and some of his friends! This weekend I didn't do anything productive. I watched the movie The Secret Life of Bees. I didn't think I'd like it but I thought it was a good movie. Some parts were so sad.

33. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 12, 2009

TeacherNY, glad you had a nice day off. Today (& every Monday) is the only day of the week I work regularly these days, except for the occasional other day here & there. It may pick up pretty soon though. I watched the Secret Life od Bees. I thought I'd like it more than I actually did.

I saw Halloween II & went to dinner at El Torito on Sat. It was good!

34. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Oct 12, 2009

I need to get myself healthy. I've had a rocky summer with my marriage ending..well in the process that hasn't started aside from us being seperated. I wonder more and more if I have more severe anxiety than what I think.

anyone ever had to have a ganglion cyst drained? I don't know if it's getting worse or the air pressure changing as it gets colder is making it ache more.

anyone know anyone with Precordial catch syndrome? I also wonder if I've developed this recently as I've been stressed...but fake myself into believing I'm not stressed!

On a not so agh I'm falling apart and I'm only 25...I got to do some scrapbooking this weekend since I moved to my new place in August, so that felt great to do some scrapping! :)

35. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Oct 12, 2009

No my dear...wrong one. My mom is no where near a retirement home. My grandma who is almost 90 years old is the major factor here. We have to be taking care of her.

No kids yet. lol However, I do have a step teenage daughter.

Yes I am close to my mom as always but I think there comes a time when one is old enough to be out on her own. But, certain circumstances won't allow so apartment hunting we go.

36. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 12, 2009

Samothrace, I had ganglion cysts drained. The one on my hand kept coming back so I had it surgically removed - twice. Second time was the charm. The one on my foot was fine after the draining.

37. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 12, 2009

Thanks for clarifying. Well good luck w/ that.

38. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Oct 13, 2009

Thanks! It's on my foot...so I'm hoping it won't keep coming back. I'm not a fan of needles so don't really like the idea of one being shoved in my foot! I don't know if I should go to a foot doctor, since they can obviously show up other places?

39. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 13, 2009

Today's the 1st day it's raining! And to think I almost had to drive to college up to an hr away (1-way), 4 days a wk & if that's not bad enough, I would hv had to kill 10 hrs in btwn classes out in that area every Tues! :dizzy:

Thank GOD I didn't hv to end up doing it! :)

40. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 13, 2009

It's cold and rainy here as well.