rainforest themes

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by mjennings, Aug 3, 2008.

1. mjennings

mjennings Companion

Aug 3, 2008

Hi all.

this year my 1st grade team decided that as we as 1st grade would use the rainforest theme what we will all do. For example, our themes for each classroom will be an animla that can be found in the rain forest/jungle.

so we have: monkeys, snakes, bugs, frogs, and Im supposed to do fish.

Any suggestions as to how to tie in the fish themes with the jungle/rain forest theme.

we want to come up with a saying like "1st grade is a jungle!" or something to that affect.

Any suggestions as to how to decorate my "fish" theme that goes with the jungle rain forest theme would be great!

thanks

3. gab

gab Comrade

Aug 3, 2008

Why fish? There are lots of rainforest birds...could you change to birds? You could make trees and add different tropical fish. If you can't change, I would make a river, on a wall or use blue seran wrap on the window and make fish like piranhas for instance...gobbling up knowledge.

For an overall saying you could use: Welcome to the First Grade Rain Forest. Or, you could do something along the lines of: In the jungle, the first grade jungle...the children learn all day! Kind of hokey but just off the cuff.

4. mjennings

mjennings Companion

Aug 3, 2008

thanks...actually another teacher has birds so I was stuck with fish.

that sounds good...

I was thinking instead of star student they would be the "catch of the week"!

any other ideas would be great! Keep em coming!

5. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Aug 3, 2008

the only fish I can think of is the piranha....Welcome to "School"
    Finny First Graders, Wet Wonders? Amazing in the Amazon, I dunno..since it's first grade, I'd go with Rainbow Fish. I know it's not typically rain forest, but they won't know and you can do a lot of cute things with that.
    Let's see:
    Reading Shoal = reading center/group
    Fishy Fun = works for anything
    Smart Swimmers = job chart
    Waterful Writing = writing area, bad I know
    Behavior chart: swimmingly behaved, in deep water, on the hook

What about the alligator? They are part of the rain forest and a lot easier to find.