Raccoon art

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by fiskeda, Sep 4, 2009.

1. fiskeda

fiskeda Rookie

Sep 4, 2009

Looking for an art activity that my little ones could(2.5-3.5) do!!!!!

thanks,
    dana

3. shellie1619

shellie1619 Rookie

Sep 4, 2009

They could make masks from cardboard and yarn. or if you have time, cut a potato in 1/2 and from each half cut raccoon prints from them and have them make raccoon prints on paper.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 4, 2009

Here is a printout of a raccoon with instructions for how to color:
    http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/mammals/raccoon/Raccoonprintout.shtml

Raccoon Theme from
    http://www.first-school.ws/theme/animals/wild/raccoon.htm
    Preschool Activities and Crafts

Raccoon theme for toddlers, preschool, and adaptable for early elementary grades (ages 2-6). Visit a theme to find lesson plans and activities that include easy instructions and a list of materials needed. You will find printable crafts, activities, coloring pages, recommended literature and related resources.

Alphabet letter R is for Raccoon printable activities

Vowel Team ("oo") > raccoon activities (Level K-Grade 1)

R Raccoon Online jigsaw puzzle
    Animals (Science & Social Studies) Raccoon facts and images
    Books - Literature Children's picture book recommendations
    Coloring Pages -Colors Color recognition practice: gray, black and white with craft and coloring pages

Raccoon Crafts
    (Head Only)
    Hearts Shape Theme

Character education: read the online story Rusty the Respectful Raccoon, and visit the parent and teacher resources.
    Shapes | Early Math Concepts Counting, sizing and recognizing shapes activities within the craft lesson plan activities

From DLTK:
    Raccoon Paper CraftThis raccoon is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is fun for young children to make. It makes a great project for preschool and kindergarten kids and ...
    www.dltk-kids.com/animals/mpaperraccoon.htm

Heart Raccoon Paper CraftHeart Raccoon Paper Craft. Read a bit about DLTK's Grow With Me Craft Concept to get some ideas on how this basic craft idea can be used with different ...
    www.dltk-holidays.com/valentines/mheartraccoon.htm

Raccoon CraftThe raccoon toilet paper roll craft is a fun and easy cut and paste craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect. ...
    www.dltk-kids.com/animals/mraccoon.htm

Animated-Literacy ResourcesRhino Ralph and Rosie Raccoon -- (rodeo). raccoon action song · raccoon coloring pages · raccoon song · raccoon tp roll craft · rhino coloring page ...
    www.dltk-teach.com/alphabuddies/animated_literacy.htm

Raccoon CraftPrintable template and instructions for a raccoon tp roll craft.
    www.dltk-kids.com/animals/mraccoon2.htm

DLTK's Letter R Crafts for KidsRaccoon Paper Craft. or. Raccoon Toilet Paper Roll Craft. Rainbow handprint craft. Rainbow Crafts and coloring · Reindeer Crafts. practice the rectangle ...
    www.dltk-teach.com/alphabuddies/letter-r.html

DLTK's Raccoon Forest Animal Crafts for KidsDLTK's Crafts for Kids Raccoons - Forest Animal Activities ... raccoon craft. Raccoon Toilet Paper Roll Craft #1. Age 3+. raccoon craft ...
    www.dltk-kids.com/animals/forest-raccoon.htm

Cuddle Buddies Paper Craftsraccoon toilet paper roll craft, Ricky the Raccoon TP Roll Craft. rhino toilet paper roll craft, Ryan the Rhino TP Roll Craft. cuddle buddy toilet paper ...
    www.dltk-teach.com/cuddlebuddies/index-tp.htm

Raccoon SongRaccoon sleeps in a hollow tree. While the sun shines on you and me. ... Sleep, little raccoon, Warm and cozily. In the darkest part of night ...
    www.dltk-kids.com/animals/songs/raccoon.htm

Cuddle Buddies Paper Craftscuddle buddy paper craft, Ralph the Rabbit Paper Craft. cuddle buddy paper craft, Ricky the Raccoon Paper Craft. cuddle buddy paper craft ...
    www.dltk-teach.com/cuddlebuddies/index-paper.htm

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 4, 2009

I'm a Little Raccoon
    (to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot)
    written by Leanne
    I'm a little raccoon, prowling around,
    (use your hands like little paws and make a cautious prowling motion.)

I hunt for food without a sound.
    (look left and then right (exaggerating the movement of your head) and then make a shhhhhh motion -- with your finger to your lips)

A mask on my face and a bushy tail,
    (point to your eyes and then swish one arm behind you like a tail)

Let's see if you can spot my trail!
    (point at someone and then put hand on forehead (like a salute) and gaze at the floor like you're looking for pawprints)