"Quitting"?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by ChildWhisperer, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Devotee

Sep 9, 2018

Unlike most people, I don't plan on getting a full-time job. I plan on sticking with long term subbing (I've never daily subbed). My last school was great, and I plan on going back there next year. Their P asked me to come back this year, but I had already agreed to my current position so I said no. But she knows of my struggles and told me I'm welcome back anytime and she'll always have a position for me.
    Just gotta finish out this year I guess :cool:

2. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Sep 9, 2018

ChildWhisperer, feel free to pm me. I'm not from your area, nor am I very curious about people, so I wouldn't google you, and I don't do FB or any other social stuff, so I am safe harbor. I might be able to help you. :)

3. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 9, 2018

To the bold, this is one of those things principals say, but can’t actually guarantee. My former principal said this to me, too, and she meant that if there was an opening, I would be a priority candidate for the position. But I certainly wouldn’t burn bridges banking on a statement like that. You are smart to stay put and follow through on your contract.

Leaborb192 likes this.
  4. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2018

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  5. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Devotee

Sep 10, 2018

Well I'm not under contract :D And former P currently has 3 openings. This district has a ton of long term subs filling vacancies due to lack of certified teachers.

I'll PM you now :)

Joyful! likes this.
  6. tchr4vr

tchr4vr Companion

Sep 12, 2018

I would apply and get the job first--then quit. It still may follow you, but at least then you have a good reason.