I got a job offer in June and signed an at-will (charter school) contract in early July. The day I turned in my contract, my principal sat me down and told me a ton of things I wish I had known prior to signing. For example, I teach music and I need to share my room and my class time with PE. They literally want me to divide class time in two and only teach music for like 23 minutes and then send the kids out for PE. That is not enough time to get anything done. They also want me to work with this PE teacher to have common expectations, rules, core activities, etc. However, this teacher will be missing the first 3 weeks of school, so we have no planning time together. I can't understand why they would not tell me this until after I signed the contract -- were they intentionally trying to mislead me? Other things have come up. I teach band but there are not enough band instruments. I was told they would purchase me more and when I followed up recently they told me they decided not to purchase them after all. Additionally, I was hired to teach middle school music at a 6-12 school. They called me last week and told me I would be teaching a new music theory class to SENIORS who need an elective. I asked if I could teach something else (chorus or music appreciation) since music theory is completely abstract to non-musicians (if you do not know what a note is, why do you need to be able to resolve a chord?) and they said music theory is what looks best on college applications. I have never taught HS and I'm not interested in doing it now, especially with no curriculum to a bunch of disinterested seniors. ALSO, they want me to have my band participate in a parade the 2nd week of school. I have been teaching band for 5 years and I have never even distributed instruments by the 2nd week of school, much less have them rehearsed and ready to perform for a parade! So, I started looking for a new job pretty much immediately after that last telephone conversation and I was fortunate enough to get a call today with an offer and 2 more interviews scheduled tomorrow! Both jobs are further away, but I'm pretty sure any job would be better than the job I currently have. I am worried about resigning. I will be giving them 2.5 weeks notice before the start of school. I am also worried they will try to take action against my credential (in CA). My "employment agreement" says it is at-will (character school) and they can terminate at any time, but if I ever terminate I could be reported. I don't understand how they can report me if it is an at-will agreement and they can fire me any time they want. I called the CTC and they say they can't give me any advice but I would get to state my side of the story before any action is taken. Do you think I am in any danger here of actually losing my credential?