Quick Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miz_Jay, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Miz_Jay

Miz_Jay Companion

Jan 26, 2015

I'm updating my resume and cover letter for about the millionth time and I just need a tiny bit of resume advice.

I've been a long term sub for eight weeks last semester and will be a long term sub in a different position in the same school for eight weeks or more in the same school this semester. Both of these positions are in the only school district that I sub in (they have about 12 schools and I could work every single day if I wanted so I don't really need to sub anywhere else).

My question is should these three positions be listed separately on my resume or not?

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 26, 2015

Regular subbing should be listed separately. As for the long-term jobs, how do they differ?

4. Miz_Jay

Miz_Jay Companion

Jan 26, 2015

The first long term sub position was for a fifth grade class so I was teaching all subjects. The upcoming long term sub is for SPED so it's targeted ELA instruction for 4th and 5th grade and math co teaching. In general subbing it's just one and done, ya'know? So no lesson planning, no extended contact with students or staff, no progress monitoring, etc.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 26, 2015

List them separately: anyone in education who has a clue will know that they call on distinct skill sets.

6. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jan 26, 2015

List them separately. Long-term positions look good on resume! Good luck to you!