Quick Question

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Mldouglas, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Apr 19, 2011

I have a super quick question. Has anyone had a chance to attend a Scholastic Warehouse sale? I am a substitute teacher and volunteer literacy tutor in my local schools. I happen to be in a school and saw an advertisement for a Scholastic Warehouse Sale that is going to be taking place in my hometown. I just want to get a feel for the items that will be there. Is it mostly trade books or are there teacher professional books available as well. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mldouglas

3. cruiserteacher

cruiserteacher Comrade

Apr 19, 2011

The warehouse sale is awesome! There are tons of picture and chapter books at deeply discounted prices. I'm not sure if there are professional books. I'm leaning towards yes, but I've never gone there looking for them, so I don't know.

4. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2011

I had the opposite experience. I felt it was a waste of time. It was all the leftover stuff no one had bought.

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2011

Not so much for professional books. Lots of picture books and easy chapter books, and some general interest books for adults. If it's one of the traveling sales, I'm not that excited about it. Once I got to go to an actual warehouse for a sale, and that was pretty good.

6. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Apr 19, 2011

The last warehouse sale in my area had cash registers for $5.00. We bought several for my dd because she can use them in centers and classroom store. The books were great for her and we bought 2 boxes full but she is just starting a classroom library

7. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Apr 19, 2011

It's hit or miss at my warehouse store also. I have seen some professional books but mostly kids books. Sometimes they have really good prices on that "junk" they sell at the registers at book sales (book marks, prize box stuff) or they will have some books for $1 and I've gotten large posters sometimes.
    If it's close enough to you, by all means GO!

8. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Apr 19, 2011

My scholastic warehouse sales have always been a-maz-ing! I always spend too much $$, but head home with a ton of books! My sale is in a huge warehouse, with aisle after aisle of hundreds of books. I love it!!!

9. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Apr 19, 2011

Depends upon what you want. Be sure to take all the coupons they offer.