Quick question!

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by FallCreekGal82, Jul 19, 2005.

1. FallCreekGal82

FallCreekGal82 Companion

Jul 19, 2005

Please give me some hope. I have heard many people have been hired in August. Is this true? Have you been hired in August and how late in August was it? :D :thanks:

3. NCP

NCP Comrade

Jul 19, 2005

I was my first year. I was hired a week and a half before school started. Don't worry. A lot of times people just decide to not come back after summer and sometimes principals don't post jobs until later. I am sure you will find something!

4. herins

herins Companion

Jul 19, 2005

Sometimes a whole bunch of teachers get hired right at the beginning of the school year. Don't lose hope! Good luck!

5. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2005

I graduated in December and got hired the day before kids got out for christmas break (yikes) I only had 2 days to set up my room. The principal is hiring someone right now at our school. It happens!! Good luck

6. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 19, 2005

I was hired August 23rd and school started August 29th my first year. Keep applying for those jobs! Good Luck!

7. Dee452

Dee452 Comrade

Jul 19, 2005

My first year teaching I was hired a week before school started because the principal got approval and more money from the school board for my position.

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2005

My first year I was hired in mid-August and my second year (current job... tenure-track position...yay!!) I was hired at the end of August. Good luck!!

9. MrsRich219

MrsRich219 Companion

Jul 19, 2005

My first job I got hired the first week of August. My second job I got hired a week before new teacher orientation started. They didn't even have the job fair until 4 days before orientation started, so I was considered an "EARLY" hire that year. BE ENCOURAGED.....some school systems are just late/slow!!!!

10. luvmykids

luvmykids Companion

Jul 20, 2005

Many of the teachers I work with were hired last minute. I know that my school alone just got 2 openings with teachers who are not coming back. One decided that she wanted to stay home with her kids, she has been off on maternity leave, and the other moved with her husband for a new job. In fact, two of the teachers in my grade group last year has started long term positions in another school and were called and told they had permant positions at my school, two days after school started.

11. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jul 20, 2005

School starts for us in about 2 weeks and there are still 7 vacancies at my school. So, yes, they hire late in the summer. There have even been years when subs have had to start the year because positions hadn't been filled yet. So there is still a good chance you could be hired.

12. FallCreekGal82

FallCreekGal82 Companion

Jul 20, 2005

Thanks everyone! I sure hope something turns up. I am really hoping for a position that the principal said has a possiblity of comming up at a small school in MO near the Ozarks. I want to get back to somewhere smaller like where student taught. I really think this is what I'm looking for...so I have my fingers crossed and I'm saying my prayers.

13. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2005

My fingers are crossed for you!

14. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Jul 23, 2005

My second year of teaching I was hired the day before school started!

15. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 23, 2005

We are getting set to start school this coming Friday. The Preliminary list for our classes are showing 19-21 students (from what the AP told us). Class max is 23. This means between the 8 of us there are only 29 empty desks to start the year if everyone shows up W/O any new students (our school pre-registered 102 students this past week K-5). I remember last year on the open house I was given 3 new students that hadn't pre-registered and the area has grown tremendously since then. Anyone still looking might want to check this area around Labor day (or before) for new openings that have been posted. Just a head's up for anyone that could relocate and wants to be in a nice area of Georgia.

Melissa

16. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Jul 24, 2005

I was hired the third week of August for a 6th grade resource center maternity leave position, and when they ended in Jan., was offered a position in one of the District's elementary schools. Teachers hear of better jobs during the summer, people find out they are pregnant in the summer or people just decide to leave and don't notify their Districts until they have to. It does happen!