Quick question for preschool teachers

Discussion in 'General Education' started by kcjo13, Aug 14, 2014.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 14, 2014

Are home visits the norm nowadays? If so, what is the purpose? Is this a regulation of some kind? Our preschool is state funded, if that helps.

3. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 14, 2014

Home visits are mandated with some funding. The purpose is to meet families and see how they interact and get an idea of families who might need information and resources. It also is a big help making kids feel comfortable, especially if they haven't been away from their family before.

4. chitown

chitown Companion

Aug 14, 2014

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 14, 2014

I'm kinda irritated about it because I just found out today that she wants to come tomorrow. First of all, I work during the day and can't just drop everything. Second, my house is not really company ready (she says don't worry about that but come on-the house I could spot clean and be fine but hubby tore into our landscaping this past weekend and didn't finish it-weeds and bushes everywhere, sigh) I'm dead tired, and have to be at work at 7:00. I guess I'm a little irritated tonight! Oh, and she told me I have no choice because tomorrow is the last day.