Quick question about applying for jobs

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Pecas, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Pecas

Pecas Companion

Mar 14, 2006

I posted this thread in the New Teachers column because a lot of job tips were being discussed, but I want to make sure experienced teachers see this question, too.

I am currently getting everything ready to mail out job applications to school districts. My question is this: If the school hasn't yet posted teaching jobs for the 2006-2007 school year, is it alright to still send in my resume and job packet, along with their application for any anticipated job openings? I don't want to make any HR people mad by sending in my stuff too early, but I want to get them out there and quit worrying about it.

Any thoughts?

3. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Mar 14, 2006

I may be switching districts this next year so I'm going through the whole process of applying. I didn't mail off the entire application packet to each school I was interested in however, I e-mailed each principal with a letter of interests (I'm a kindergarten teacher but interested in all grade levels, why I would be a good fit there etc) and attached my resume. I heard back from almost all the principals saying they don't have openings yet but they'd keep my resume on file. Then when specific jobs open up I can just shoot them an e-mail and resume again. HR department has my official application/resume on file that they can also e-mail out when jobs open. Hope this helps!