Quick Praxis question

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by MrsTeacher2Be, Jun 24, 2009.

1. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Jun 24, 2009

It's been a couple of years since I last took a Praxis, and I'm taking another one next month. I registered tonight, and I noticed that it said I since I registered online I have to access my scores online withing 30 days of the day they mail out scores. Does that mean that they're not going to mail me an official score report?

3. Petite_Teacher

Petite_Teacher Companion

Jun 24, 2009

I believe that they will mail you an official score report but since you registered online they will be available there as well.

I plan to take the Praxis I in August.

4. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 24, 2009

No, they will not mail out a report. You will be given access to a downloadable pdf document.

5. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Jun 25, 2009

Thanks mollydoll. I don't know if my state dept. will take that. Guess I've got phone calls to make! Ugh.

6. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 25, 2009

They should send a score report to your state department of education. When you registered, didn't you have the option of sending two reports? For me, they automatically suggested my state dept of education. They just will not mail a report to you unless you pay for it.

7. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Jun 25, 2009

Yes, they're sending one to my state dept, but even though they do that, you still have to send in an official copy that they mail back to you when you apply for your license. (Dumb, I know)

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 25, 2009

Have you doublechecked the requirement to send in an official copy with a real live person at the state dept?

9. liisainc

liisainc Rookie

Jul 18, 2009

They will not send you a paper copy. I've taken 4 Praxis tests this year and they are available for download on the morning of the day they send them by mail. I am in NJ and I've given my downloaded copy to the district office and they automatically send one to the state. If you do not download you will pay an astronomical $45 to get one from them in the mail.

10. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Jul 19, 2009

Thanks for the info! I finally got in touch with somebody at the state dept. and they said they'll accept the downloaded one as long as it's printed on a color printer. Before ETS stopped sending testers a copy, they wouldn't take a downloaded copy at all, but they've had to loosen up a little. Why it's not good enough to have ETS send them a copy I don't know, but oh well.