Quick Mother's Day crafts?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by heavens54, Apr 28, 2012.

1. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Apr 28, 2012

Ideas? Last year we did bookmarks. I would like to do something different this year. Something quick yet nice. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. This is for fourth graders. :D

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 28, 2012

Saw something on Pinterest (repinned by a member here, actually:)) that I thought was cute. It's very simple, yet you could really jazz it up if you wished.

4. Tyler B.

Tyler B. Groupie

Apr 28, 2012

5. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Apr 29, 2012

The WOW MOM card looks cute! I have sturdy card stock from my scrapbooking days and also lots of decorative things laying around.

Keep the ideas coming, I need them too :). I'm 5th grade and it's my first time doing a craft as I was high school for the last three years.

6. mrk1

mrk1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2012

Since I am not allowed to post links (due to my being new on here), even if they are in reference to a posted topic, I shall work around it. :whistle:

crafts.
    slides.
    kaboose.
    com/
    159-marvelous-mother-s-day-cards

Just highlight the entire field above, copy it, then paste it in your browser and you have a direct link to the web page. :D

I found these searching for the subject "mothers day kids crafts" on google. There are a lot of great ideas on there.

I may try to get my nieces to participate in something like this. There are more ideas listed (17 in all), just click the page over button just above the image. I also really like the tulip on page 2. It is really simple and looks insanely good. :)

Also on page 5, there are some cute fingerprint cards. Those always go over well with moms!

7. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

8. queenie

queenie Groupie

9. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Apr 30, 2012

10. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Apr 30, 2012

I am just going to photocopy the 1 page for mothers and have the students fill them in and colour them. I might laminate them if I have time.

I don't have any others, but am keeping an eye out for a father's day edition. If nothing comes, I will try to create something in Publisher.

11. Missy

Missy Aficionado

May 5, 2012

I buy a couple packs of shrinky dink, cut circles about 4 inch diameter, punch a hole in top and bottom. The kids decorate 3 or 4, bake, then string them with see through wire and a few beads to make a great window hanger.

12. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 5, 2012

I got those very small terra cotta pots and had the kids decorate them. They then made flowers from construction paper and tissue paper and attached them to craft sticks, stuck them in the pots (I'm not sure what we used in the inside of the pots, clay or something) and added leaves. We had a note somewhere in there (hanging from flower? stuck on the side of the pot? can't remember) that said, "Thank you for helping me grow."

13. teach1

teach1 Companion

Apr 22, 2014