Quick January craft for K thru 4...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by heavens54, Dec 30, 2014.

1. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2014

Know of one? We were going to do the snow flake with popsickle sticks, but requires the sticks to be painted, and I ain't got time for dat...any other quick easy crafts that could be done by lower grades, done in less than an hour, then taken home that day?

3. janlee

janlee Devotee

Dec 30, 2014

Buy a bag of mini marshmallows. Stick toothpicks in them. Set out small cups of white paint. Kids make a snowman, falling snow by dipping marshmallows in paint then applying to a sheet of blue paper. They can use crayons or markers to add details.

4. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2014

Use paper white doilies of various sizes to make snowmen.

5. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2014

Do they paint a picture of a snowman and then dot the snow with the white paint and marshmallow minis? I'm a little unclear on this.

6. janlee

janlee Devotee

Dec 30, 2014

Just dip the marshmallow in a little paint and make a snowman. If need be they could draw a snowman first and fill in the drawn shape. Make snow falling by dabbing the ,rash allow all,over the paper.

7. jlj

jlj Devotee

Dec 30, 2014

Could also use Q-tips to "dot" paint snow. However if it's to go home with them it may not dry. How about chalk drawings? White chalk on dark blue or black paper. They draw a winter picture then lightly rub over with a tissue for a soft snowy look.

8. missrebecca

missrebecca Comrade

Dec 30, 2014

Take a toilet paper roll and decorate it with cotton balls. It's a snow man! Write a persuasive essay explaining how he is not actually a snowman, so that he can stay "alive" and not melt when winter ends.

My first graders will be doing this in January. ;) You can also add other decorations to the snowman to help him be less snowman-like.

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 31, 2014

Let the kids make their own discovery/sensory bottles with 'ingredients' that aren't too difficult to insert into the plastic bottles. I am going to make I Spy bottles this weekend with pom poms and sight words hidden inside. That would be easy for little ones. I may make some with colored raffia and numbers, too.

10. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 3, 2015

Make drawings of snowman from the ground's perspective. It's actually not too hard. Starting in one lower quarter draw a partial circle that is falling off the page. Make it kind of big. Draw a smaller partial circle on top of the first, and a smaller partial circle on the second. Put a face on the top section and color in. It looks like you are laying on the ground facing up with the snowman looking over you a bit. It's pretty cool.