Quick and Silly Poll

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by McKennaL, Aug 9, 2009.

1. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2009

5'10"

hazel eyes
    40 years old

I wish I could say I looked like a celebrity. Imagining a teacher's lounge full of Uma Thurmans, Maria Sharapovas, and Demi Moores is rather pleasant. Well, in theory anyway. It actually makes parent-teacher conferences kind of difficult when you keep losing track of the conversation.

2. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 10, 2009

How tall are you? I am just shy of 5'5"
    hair color? brown, I do not color it or anything
    Eye color? blue and hazel
    age... SOB! I will be turning 27 in about a week!!!!! But, I look more like I am 18, 19 I was told that they thought I was 21 :D
    And.. what star's looks (if any) would be the CLOSET to yours?
    I know I've been told that I look like certain people, but I don't really see it. I've been told that I look like Uma THurman in this one movie. I've also been told that I remind them of Paris Hilton (more because I'm skinny and I was wearing a mini skirt to go camping).

3. heymiss

heymiss Comrade

Aug 10, 2009

Height: 5'3

Hair: Mid-back length & brown.

Eyes: Blue or green, depending on what I'm wearing.

Look alike: I am constantly being told that I look like Pam Beesly (Jenna Fischer) from The Office.

4. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2009

Height: 5'7"

Hair: Dirty-dishwater blonde (never highlighted or died), and just past shoulder length (and incredibly frizzy this week because it's been SO hot and humid)

Eyes: blue

Look alike: my mom! Although, apparently I have a twin out there who walked into my dad's work. His coworker, who knows me well, thought it was me until well into a conversation.

5. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2009

The last time I was carded that I was really annoyed I think was 31 or 32. Both in the same year: once for A single alcoholic chocolate and once to an R-rated movie!

I still look young for my age, but dread I'm going to directly to looking young for my age to looking my age or older in one step.

6. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 10, 2009

My glorified body when I die and go to heaven will be 5'11", I'm pea green!

7. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 10, 2009

5'7"
    blond, right above shoulders and flipped out
    blue-green-grey eyes depending on what I'm wearing
    31 years old
    I always get the "You look just like my sister, friend, aunt, best friend's cousin's mom, etc, etc, etc....
    (PS I'm a little on the fluffy side :) )

8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 10, 2009

5'3"
    light reddish golden brown hair
    dark blue eyes
    38, but my doctor thought I was 26 (????) but I didn't have much makeup on and my hair was in a French twist so I may always wear my hair up from now on. Haha

I've been told I look like Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock, but I don't see it!

9. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2009

When I was 22, I was told by this guy that I looked like Barbie Benton, a famous Playmate of the Year. I think he was just delusional, and hoping....

10. tcherjen

tcherjen Comrade

Aug 10, 2009

Height: 5'3"

Hair: blonde

Eyes: green

Look Like: I don't think I look like any celebs.

11. heymiss

heymiss Comrade

Aug 10, 2009

Why do people always say that? EVERY person who finds out my real age tells me I'll appreciate looking young in a few years. I actually don't mind looking young...I mind hearing the same thing over and over.

I DO mind getting carded when I'm not even doing anything, though. Boyfriend and I go to Vegas fairly regularly and the last time we were there, I was just standing in this large open corridor in the slot machine area and got carded.

12. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Aug 10, 2009

Height: 5'10"
    Hair: Dark Brown with Reddish highlights, kinky twists
    Look like: I've never been told I look like a celebrity, but I do get people who swear I'm related to the other black person in the room. I always laugh; we look nothing alike other than we're both black. :lol:

13. hdb2008

hdb2008 Rookie

Aug 10, 2009

Height: 5'4

Hair: Salt and pepper shoulder length permed (I loathe trying to fix my own hair). Everyone I meet wants to know where I get my hair done....and they are really shocked when I tell them it is natural. :)

Eyes: Green

Age: 28, I have never been carded. On my 18th b-day went to the store to buy my dad some cigarettes---just to prove they wouldn't card me.

Look alike: No celebrity. Have always been told my cousin and I could be twins…except there is 8 years difference between us.

14. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Aug 11, 2009

One of my best friends since kindergarten is a 6'2" tall black guy - I'm 5'5" and so pasty I make copy paper look tan. I love the look on people's faces when one of us introduces the other as "my brother" or "my sister"... It's so funny watching people try to figure out how we are related.

15. Anne wmcosuvamu

Anne wmcosuvamu Companion

Aug 11, 2009

Height: 5'9"

Hair: Mid-back length with some strawberry blonde and some dirty blonde and some bright blonde. My best friend growing up used to call it "amber". :lol: Everyone thinks I highlight/lowlight it, including hair dressers, but it's natural.

Eyes: Greyish green. Sometimes they look greyish blue, depending on what I'm wearing.

Look alike: I'm always told I look like Gwyneth Paltrow, Claire Danes or Sissy Spacek. When I was in college I worked as a barista in a cafe for 3 years and had a group of customers who called me Claire (after C. Danes). I got so that I respond to both names. :lol:

16. Shanoo

Shanoo Habitué

Aug 11, 2009

I'm 5'8

Light brown hair cut in an inverse bob, about shoulder length at it's longest

Dark Blue eyes

I'm 30

I've been told that I look like Candace Cameron (DJ from Full House). I can see it especially when you compare childhood pics. I can still see it now, but not as much.

17. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 12, 2009

:lol:

18. becky

becky Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2009

I'm 5'2"

I'm a brunette with naturally curly hair. Right now it's supposed to be cut like Heather Locklear from TJ Hooker, but that's debatable.

My eyes are green.

I'm 44.

I don't look like any celebrities, but I'm sure Rosie O' Donnell and I could share clothes!

19. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Aug 12, 2009

I'm 5'4".

I have short blonde hair and green eyes.

I'm 49 and holding.

I've been told I look like Kitty from That 70's Show and the shorter aunt from Sabrina, The Teenage Witch. (Those two don't even look alike!)