questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by green78, Apr 1, 2010.

1. green78

green78 Companion

Apr 1, 2010

I really feel like this is going to be my year to get a teaching job in NJ. I sent out over a hundred applications to districts and private school. I know it is hard time in NJ, but I am really trying to keep my spirits up. I know I can do this and get a job in NJ. Does anyone know when schools in NJ might start to call for interviews? I am trying to stay strong.

3. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Apr 4, 2010

I'm a teacher in NJ and know a lot of other teachers in NJ. I keep hearing the same things- districts will not start hiring until July because of all the budget issues Gov. Christie is giving to public schools. Good luck though.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 4, 2010

Now is the time you should be sending out applications.

But don't expect to hear right away. Budget concerns are of course a huge issue.

In addition, most schools probably haven't asked their teachers about next year yet.

And I'm not sure when registration is-- if it hasn't happened yet, they may not have too precise and idea of how many teachers they'll need for next year.

So remain hopeful, but don't sit by the phone quite yet.

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Apr 4, 2010

I think you can drive yourself mad if you try to guess when districts may call for interviews. Every year is different and with the current economic climate, it's really different. I'm not saying don't be hopeful because there's every reason to be hopeful, but there are about 5 months still until the next school year begins and you may not even hear anything until August. Keep yourself busy with sending resumes, cover letters, etc. - anything to keep yourself from wondering when you may be called because that's when you invite the "madness" to creep into your mind.

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 5, 2010

Budget votes are April 20th for most, if not all, districts. Non-tenured teachers will be told by May 15th (by law) if they have a job or not. After that, its anyone's guess as to when districts will start interviewing for spots they may have open. Good luck!

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 5, 2010

And for what its worth, all of my job offers have come in August :)