Questions to ask them at the end.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by AMB, May 3, 2009.

1. AMB

AMB Rookie

May 3, 2009

I have an interview (hopefully, possibly even two) this week after not getting a job last year. (I really, really suck at interviewing, though I like to think I'm getting better after so many rejections!)

Normally I ask about professional development and mentoring programs, but I'm sure that's really standard.

Does anyone have any great questions to ask?

(I feel this is one of my weaknesses because when I do have *real* questions I will search online or ask someone who works there so I have an answer. So I go into the interview without really any real questions because I've already found the answers and I hate asking questions just for the purpose of impressing them, but I realize that it is part of the game.)

Thank you! :)

3. HeatherY

HeatherY Habitué

May 4, 2009

What is provided in the classroom? Could I see the classroom I would be working in?

What is the principal's management style?

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 4, 2009

Why is this position open?

5. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 4, 2009

Excellent one, I never thought of that!

I asked about the P's management style, the reading and writing programs, and about resources in the classroom

6. Teachings4Me

Teachings4Me Companion

May 4, 2009

My fall back question is about the technology available in the school/district. I found out that one district provides laptops for EVERY student!

7. AFWifeinUtah

AFWifeinUtah Comrade

May 5, 2009

I ask about what size the classes are? Do the students do any kind of rotations? (like one school I sub at the kids rotate at the end of the day so you might end up teaching P.E. to someone else's class). What time do you expect teachers to be there in the morning, how late do they stay? How is the parental support in the school? (If there is any). Are they any aides available to help in the class? Stuff like that.

8. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 5, 2009

Is there a school-wide discipline policy? (for more clarification, if you need to send a kid to the principal what are the procedures, etc.)

9. raneydae

raneydae Companion

May 5, 2009

I ask whatever question happens to be on my mind at that particular moment, if there is one. If I can't think of anything to ask I say that "I can't of anything at the moment". I don't have set questions to ask.

Oh - well, I guess I've asked what happens from here?

10. palla

palla Companion

May 5, 2009

If you can review the school board meetings, you can bring up current events from the meetings. I know the district is thinking of changing to X. How will that change affect X?

11. ILoveMyCello

ILoveMyCello Companion

May 5, 2009

I ask how many applicants there are and what their time frame is for interviewing. Hey you have a right to know, right?