Questions for Superintendent

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by compteach, Jul 12, 2007.

1. compteach

compteach Rookie

Jul 12, 2007

I have a 2nd interview today with the superintendent. I have never had a one on one with the super in my previous positions, so I am not sure what to expect. I do know that there are only 2 of us (finalists) that will be meeting with her, so I want to make the best impression possible!!!!!

What types of questions should I ask? She was not present in my other interview, and I asked tons of questions there that were specific to the position I would be teaching.

If anyone has had a one on one, any advice you could give would be great!!!
    TIA....

3. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 12, 2007

I had a one on one with a super. yesterday. It may go down to personality (yours and their's) or it could just be the 20 stuffy questions. I would say just be yourself -- focused, professional, assertive, personable. In my one-on-one with a super yesterday, it was very easy. I figured that at this point (previous interview seemed so strong and I was pumped) I didn't have much to loose and was just myself. Fortunately, he was friendly, congenial, yet very professional. IF it's like that -- low key, conversational -- and you're Ok with that, then there's not much you can do but be yourself. IF it's the stuffy 20 questions, I would just answer them in much the same way as the princ./panel interview. At least you will have had some practice. I would ask questions that pertain to the district in general, her philosophy, how she sees teaching from an admin's point of view, professional development (district wide), her take on NCLB etc. She may answer a lot of your questions before you can ask them. She may not let you ask anything. Dress sharp, be sharp and yourself.

Good luck. It's hard not knowing what you're getting into sometimes.

4. Occabacca

Occabacca Companion

Jul 12, 2007

where in pa are you adn if you don't mind me asking what district?

GOOD LUCK TO U!!!!

5. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Jul 12, 2007

Every one is different compteach. I interviewed with several different sets of people, some with superintendents and some without before I found my position. Basically it comes down to personalities. However, it doesn't hurt to let them now that you are interested in the school and community, etc. :) good luck!

6. compteach

compteach Rookie

Jul 12, 2007

StudentTeacher...
    I am in Central Pennsylvania - Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg/Camp Hill area.

Thanks for your responses!