Questions for principals?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Exclaimation Po, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 26, 2006

Is there a thread on what types of questions to ask when we're asked "So, do you have any questions?" If not, does anyone have any suggestions? What are bad things to ask?

3. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 26, 2006

Do not ask about salary or benefits. Most districts post it on their website somewhere anyway and if you are hired they will explain it to you then. Do some research on the school and find out what makes them different than schools in other districts. I looked up the state assessment scores for the subject I was interested in teaching and asked what their goals were concerning the scores. I also asked how they assess teachers, if they have a mentor program for new teachers, why they liked working for the district/school, and what they thought was the greatest challenge in their district/school. Most of them I got from the "Let's start some interview practice" thread but they are buried in the middle somewhere.

4. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

Jul 26, 2006

Some questions I have asked are what kind of professional development was available, technology, and if there were opportunities to teach extracurriculars.

5. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2006

You want to ask how you can help the school/district. What activities/organizations are there? How can your skills help the school. Ask about how you will be evaluated? How often?

Keep the focus off of the money

6. Mizz Lucy

Mizz Lucy Guest

Jul 26, 2006

May I tour the school? (Sure way to see your room).
    A question about housing?

7. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 27, 2006

Thanks all, for your suggestions. My interview today didn't ask if I had any questions! Darn!