Questions/Anxieties About Teaching Climate Change - Ask A Climate Expert!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Katie from Twinkl, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Katie from Twinkl

Katie from Twinkl New Member

Sep 17, 2021

Hi, everyone :)

My name is Katie, and I work for Twinkl Educational Publishing. We are currently running a project around the COP 26 UN Climate Conference where we pitch questions from teachers about how best to tackle the topic of climate change in the classroom to climate experts from all around the world.

I was wondering whether any educators here had any particular concerns when thinking about teaching climate change. What do you wish you knew going into planning a lesson on the environment and what can be done? Any comments or queries for climate experts about how they can best help teachers bring the topic of climate change into the classroom to directly involve the generations of tomorrow?

We'd love to hear from you! Please comment below and I will update as the project develops!

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 17, 2021

I don't currently teach my students about climate change but I wanted to let you know that I love Twinkl :grinning:

4. Katie from Twinkl

Katie from Twinkl New Member

Sep 17, 2021

Thank you! What a lovely message to get :)

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 17, 2021

Honestly? At this time, I need guidance on how to handle the emotional fallout from climate change. I say this as an English teacher who is dealing with a lot of anxiety and anger from my students.