Questions about portfolio items

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mldouglas, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Apr 6, 2008

Hi! I am just getting some things together to put in my portfolio. I am planning on including one lesson from my student teaching in the portfolio. Here is my question since I graduated several years ago I have run across a couple of different ideas for activities that would enhance/ reinforce concepts taught in the lesson. Do you think it would be okay to include these things on a separate sheet and how I would use them with the original lesson.

My second question is about a job performance evaluation. I have two evaluations from my job at Sylvan Learning Center. Do you think I should include one or both or none?

Any comments are greatly appreciated!!

Mldouglas

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2008

For the first question, it wouldn't hurt to include the ideas for the lesson you did. I suppose it shows that you are always thinking and trying to improve.

For the second question, if both evals are good, then it wouldn't hurt to include both of them.

I'm sure others will pipe in with their opinions soon, but I hope this helped!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 7, 2008

I agree with Peachy. By including other activities you've found for a previous lesson that you've taught shows that you are willing to improve a lesson or enhance it with different activities.

If both evals are good, include those as well.

5. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Apr 7, 2008

I actually included a lesson plan that had originally been typed, nice and neat. But, I had written on it over time with changes and adaptations. I wanted to show that I actually use the lesson and that I change it over time.:2up: