Questions about Jehovah Witness and how to handle the holidays.

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by zoey'smom, Dec 4, 2011.

1. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2011

If everyone took this as their credo, the world would be a very different place.

2. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Dec 8, 2011

Thank you Aliceacc and everyone else for posting. You have really opened my eyes and gave me a lot to think about. I live in, grew up and teach in an area where tradition is a big part of who we are and where the majority of the people believe the similar things. We do the same thing year after year in our towns and schools. Doesn't make it right but that is how it was always done so we do it that way. Now I think things are changing a bit. As the years go by and new families move in that have different beliefs it challenges those traditions. I am going to have this little girl again next year and I have already decided to change a some things I am doing and this year in Preschool I have already changed some things. Thanks again.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2011

Zoey's mom, you have my total admiration!

All of us, most certainly myself included, tend to think the way we've always done something is the "right way." After all, it's always worked for us before.

You not only challenged your own thinking by starting the thread, but you remained open to suggestions. Whether you take any of them or not, you're a model of who and what a teacher SHOULD be.

We can all learn from you. Thank you so much for starting my day on such a great note!

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2011

It really is mind boggling that there are people who can't appreciate the differences in others, especially when it involves innocent little children. It's been a good discussion that I will share with some people I know.

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Dec 8, 2011

I would just like everyone to remember.....that when we, as the teachers view the world as one of togetherness and teamwork our children see that. As a nation of people we do have our moments when there is hope that we are learning to value other, there are those moments that make you wonder. I truly believe that when we are teachers take these moments to consider the world from another's standpoint we make it possible for the next generation to move a bit further toward the world of which we all dream.

Thanks Grammy Teacher for sharing, and I am so glad that Alice and Mrs C and others stopped in to voice their opinions. I took heat in my school for "removing Christmas" from the public school that year I started to rearrange things.....I truly wish you guys were filling the halls that year.

6. Drakkos

Drakkos New Member

Dec 19, 2011

I greatly appreciate your job and your services to the community by teaching our children. I believe that you and your teachers are under appreciated and not monetarily compensated enough for all the dedication that you do. I am a Jehovah's Witness and a parent of six with three being in school. The majority of parents who have children in school are comfortable with their children in public schools. Thier children are aware of the religious differences that exist and respect others beliefs. Parents teach thier children to remain neutral in political and religious affairs of the public. The teachers that I often speak to respect our beliefs and have the children do other activities in lieu of what the majority do in sincere effort to not violate thier beliefs. This would be an option for you. You can speak to other parents of Jehovah's Witness and they will be more than happy to talk you about alternatives for thier children. Thank you for your consideration and thoughtfulness on this matter. :thanks:

7. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 19, 2011

You're so welcome Drakkos!