Questions about introducing myself to a Principal

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by idahomom, Aug 5, 2007.

1. idahomom

idahomom Companion

Aug 5, 2007

I know someone who works with the principal of the school where I have several applications. She called me Friday night and told me that I MUST send the principal an e-mail tomorrow, introducing myself and asking if I could stop by to meet her. A couple of the positions that I am applying for close this week, so she said it is imperative that she receive it tomorrow.

She said I should mention her name and indicate I'd like to meet the principal in person and talk about the openings. So, I'm working on an e-mail and revamping my resume. Should the e-mail just be a short/quick intro and then leave the rest for if/when I meet her. I don't want it to be too short, so that I can sell myself in case I don't get to go in and talk with her. But I don't want to throw everything in there, because then there won't be much to talk about if I do meet her. :unsure:

Would appreciate any advice - and any suggestions for what to say in my e-mail. Thanks.

3. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Aug 5, 2007

I think you should attach your cover letter AND resume, that way the body of the e-mail can be short, sweet, and upbeat. Good luck!

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2007

How about something along the lines of:

Dear Mr. Smith,

Suzy Smith suggested I write you. I'm an elementary school teacher and would love the opportunity to speak to you about the openings in East St. School.

Enclosed please find my cover letter and resume. Should you wish to contact me, I can be reached at 555-5555.Thank you for considering my appication.

5. idahomom

idahomom Companion

Aug 5, 2007

:blush: So simple, and yet, so perfect! Thanks. :D