Questions about applying during Clinical Teaching

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by suzerich, Sep 7, 2011.

1. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Sep 7, 2011

I am in my second week of a twelve week Clinical Teaching placement. I stepped out of my comfort zone and accepted a placement in 6th grade Math and Honors Math. I was hoping for an assignment in History or Social Studies, but I think this is good for me and will give me confidence in Math. Maybe it will even open some doors. It has been fun so far and my CT is amazingly organized. She's also very nice and supportive. I was wondering whether I should change all of my applications out there to reflect this, and if I can do it at this time, or do I need to wait until I am finished. I am in an ACP program and this is the last thing I have to do to be certified. It should be over by November 30th. Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get my Certificate? There are jobs available that I'd like to apply for, but I'm pretty sure they will be filled before November 30th. It feels so good to be able to put something where they ask for student teaching. My school is just down the road from my son's school, so we are saving some transportation money. And my husband is supporting me, which was questionable before I decided to do this. So that helps. Any advice you might have is appreciated.