Question

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Beth2004, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 4, 2006

I posted on another thread about the district where I student taught anticipating over 100 openings for the 2006-2007 school year. They're having a job recruitment fair at the end of this month that I plan on going to, but I looked on their website and they have a TON of positions posted now. The grade levels I really want to apply for are 3, 4, and 5 and there are 14 openings just in those grade levels. I have to send a separate cover letter and resume for each position. My question is, should I put them all in one envelope? They're all being mailed to the director of HR. Also, I use the same basic cover letter when applying to most positions just tweaking a few things depending on the position, but should I send 14 copies of very similar cover letters?
    It's already noon so the post office is closed for the day so I think I'm actually going to have to drop it off personally on Monday. I don't want to wait to mail it on Monday and then have them not get it until Wednesday. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated!

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 4, 2006

Ok, well I found a local post office that's open until 2 today so I'm going to mail the package from there. I was going to drop it off personally, but they're going to have so many people applying for these positions that they're probably going to have people in and out of the office dropping things off all day. I'm actually probably better off just mailing it...so that's what I'm going to do. I'm really excited about all of these openings! :)

4. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Mar 4, 2006

Yay Beth! Good luck!

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 4, 2006

Sounds great, Beth. What part of MA is this?

6. fraggle528

fraggle528 Rookie

Mar 4, 2006

What a super oppurtunity for you. If you had/have a good relationship with your cooperating teacher from student-teaching, ask him/her to put in a call to the HR department (the principal, too, if you feel comfortable!). Most districts prefer to hire someone that has a personal connection in the district. It is a little less scary for them than hiring someone they only know from a resume. Good luck!

7. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Mar 4, 2006

Probably to late, but I would put each in a different envelope..... Good Luck.... Sent a prayer to Heaven for you.

8. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 4, 2006

This is on the Southcoast of Mass...about an hour south of Boston.

9. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 4, 2006

I put all of them in one envelope with an additional "cover letter" that explained that I am very interested in a teaching position within the district and then I listed the positions that I had included cover letters and resumes for almost like a table of contents. I just figured they're going to be getting A LOT of applications and I thought that 13 envelopes from the same person would be a bit much.

10. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 4, 2006

I agree since the front office girl opens everything and throws the envelops away anyway. Then she checks and makes sure everything is included before sending them to the individual Superintendents.
    Hey I think I need to apply for any kindergarten positions that open. What district LOL.