Question

Discussion in 'Behavior Management Archives' started by Mr.G, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Mr.G

Mr.G Rookie

Jan 22, 2006

I have a behavior management system set up in my classroom already. . . my room is split into two sides, and the sides compete for points. I post the points via paperclips on the backboard of my classroom so that student can visually see their progress.

I want to do something similar for grades. Where I post how many students have A's, B's, etc (no names, just numbers). But since I'm already using paperclips for behavior managment, what should I use for grades.

My basic idea is to hang it form the ceiling and update it every Monday. Thus the kids can see the progress of the class as a whole.

Any ideas woudl be greatly appreciated.

3. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jan 22, 2006

What about some type of graph? You could do a line graph to show the progress over time and update it each week, doing each letter grade in a different color. This coming 9 weeks, my students are going to have to graph their own grades for each subject.

4. Mr.G

Mr.G Rookie

Jan 22, 2006

I tried doing a graph and it failed to inspire the students last marking period. Thats why I'm trying to do something more 3D this marking period.

5. teacherpippi

teacherpippi Habitué

Jan 22, 2006

What about something that attaches to the paperclips like a ribbon of a certain color (ex. blue for A's and yellow for B's) or "tying" on a bell or other object with a twist-tie??

Can you add colored paperclips to signify A's and B's?

What about "weaving" lengths of shimmery ribbon through paperclips for each A and B? Something that would be sparkly to catch attention?

6. kimmah

kimmah Rookie

Jan 22, 2006

Paper chains work well. Kids like to add links and you can use different colors for different grades or distinctions.

7. ashhaig11

ashhaig11 Rookie

Jan 27, 2006

On many of my comments i have always mentiond to involve the students.Ask them what they would like to do children have great imaginations when it comes to creating things.(They might come up with some really good ideas)I would really suggest you get your students to bring in an old cd each and hang them from the roof and use an eraseible marker to note there grades.