Question...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissT34, Aug 3, 2011.

1. MissT34

MissT34 Companion

Aug 3, 2011

When an applicant gets recommended for a position and it has to go through the school board, does the board make a decision at the monthly school board meetings, or can it be done at any moment? I still have not heard anything from HR, and the P keeps insisting that the process takes a while and to "hang tight, it will happen". I'm getting a little worried, especially after reading some stories on here of people who thought they would have a job FOR SURE and then something happened at the last minute that left them unemployed and devastated. I'm very very scared that that'll happen to me. I went to HR today to verify that all my paperwork was on file, and they said it was. The next school board meeting is on Monday, the 8th. Should I be patient until then or is it ok to be freaking out right about now?:dizzy:

3. mommyre

mommyre Comrade

Aug 3, 2011

Be patient. Each school board handles this differently, but for most people, if the school board is the last step in the process and there is no other reason not to be hired, its just a formality.

4. jcar03

jcar03 Companion

Aug 3, 2011

The school board has to have a meeting to approve such things if you have been recommend it will probably be on the agenda for the upcoming meeting.

5. MissT34

MissT34 Companion

Aug 3, 2011

Thank you!I will keep trying to be patient. I kept telling myself not to get my hopes up until the contract was signed, but of course I couldn't wait and now I'm scared to be left high and dry! lol