Question

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Zelda~*, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Mar 27, 2011

Okay. This is complex, and perhaps rambling, but I hope you'll be able to help me.

I work for an ESC. Therefore, my classroom is placed in a district that is part of the ESC, but I am not an employee of that district.

The district I am placed in is currently---having some severe financial difficulities. They are talking about doing away with hot lunches, shortening the school day, etc.

I was notified that this week the Super, a principal, and the Spec. Ed. director from another school in the ESC is coming to meet with me and observe my classroom. My gut says they're thinking about moving us to this district, which is MUCH better off money-wise. I asked the Spec. Ed. director and she said she didn't think so, but she didn't know for sure.

What do you guys think? :huh:

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 27, 2011

This is an interesting situations. I've worked as a sub for an Ohio ESC before and have talked with some of the teachers who were probably your associates, so I think I understand your position. Your students wouldn't be impacted beyond being bused to a different building, right? If your students would lose you as a resource in your relocation, that would be cause for alarm. I'd ask some careful questions about your concerns while keeping it as student-focused as possible.

Keep us in the loop!

4. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Mar 27, 2011

Well---it would just be a case of moving us all to another building in a different town. It would also just so happen to turn my commute into a 2 minute drive.

I'm on good terms with this visiting principal so I am sure he'll be up front with me. I'll keep everyone posted!

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 27, 2011

It could be moving the classroom to this school district, but it could be that this school is trying to set up a classroom of their own and needs to observe and begin to understand this or it could be that they are looking at placing a student in this classroom....

6. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Mar 27, 2011

I know it isn't that they're thinking of putting a student there---I already have several from that district. They could be pulling out of the ESC, I suppose and trying to create their own class, but that's not too likely. Not impossible, but not too likely.