Question Regarding My Hiring

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by Suburban Gal, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Aug 8, 2006

After the interview, the prinncipal told me my first day would be the 21st (2 days before they officially began the school year). However, he also told me that it would be nice to have me come in just prior to that so that I can met the teacher I'll be working with and whatnot. So with that, I shook his hand and then departed to the Superintendent's office.

I FINALLY managed to get all of the paperwork in last Thursday (the 3rd) and am all set to go.

However, I've been sitting here wondering... Shuld I call and/or E-Mail the principal and let him know that all the paperwork's been turned in and ask him if I should wait until the 21st to come in or if I should come in prior to that? If so, what would be better a call or an E-Mail or both?

I'd really appreciate some feedback, especially from you teachers who actually used aides and assistants.

3. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

Aug 8, 2006

If you wanted a quicker response, I would probably call. I don't think it would hurt to e-mail too if you don't get a response calling. If I had an aide I think it would be nice to meet him/her before the school year began.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 9, 2006

Either way, let him know you're available to come in early, and what date would be convenient for the teacher you'll be working with?

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 9, 2006

I agree.

6. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 9, 2006

Make that phone call. Sound cheery and eager and say that you wan't to come in ASAP. :)

If you can't get through, then I suggest an email... but hurry..

7. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Aug 12, 2006

I just wanted to update...

I sent him an E-Mail and told him that as of date everything was in. He said that was great and told me that I didn't have to come in prior to the 21st after all but that my Teacher would be happy to spend the 2 days prior to the actualt start of school with me.

So, I can't wait to get started! :thanks:

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 12, 2006

Great. You must be very relieved!!

9. Teri22G

Teri22G Rookie

Aug 12, 2006

I would suggest you go in 2 days prior. This way you get to know the teacher you are working with and her you. Plus it gives you time to ask questions that may come up that you haven't thought of. The more time you have to prepare the easier the first week of school goes.