Question I was asked today.....

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Samothrace, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Mar 14, 2011

A teacher I work with asked me today if I would be interested in giving her 5th grade son art lessons this summer. He has asbergers and is showing a strong interest in art but his elementary school does not offer art.

I'm trying to figure out what a good price to charge would be? Thoughts and inputs would be great! :)

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 14, 2011

Individual tutoring can range anywhere from free to hundreds of dollars. I would say that most average prices tend to be $30-50 an hour.

4. Pacificpastime

Pacificpastime Companion

Mar 15, 2011

Depends

I would set your price on how you value your time. How much is it worth for you to spend a few hours working during your summer vacation? It sounds like you will really be able to help this kid and you may find your really enjoy tutoring or working him. I dont know the financial situation of the family, but perhaps you should say a number you are thinking, but want to flexible and sensitive to the family's budget. (wow, major run-on). I think it depends on your mindset going in. Good luck working with the child if you choose to do so.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 15, 2011

What are the tutoring rates in your area? What would be your cost of materials?