Question Game

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Mamacita, Apr 7, 2005.

1. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2005

Probably scream and lock myself in the house. Unless it looked like ET then I'd probably be ok........Who am I kidding.......I'd scream and lock myself in the house (of course not forgeting my son).

Do you eat a lot of take out or fast food or are you a healthy eater?

2. Azelia

Azelia Rookie

Jun 23, 2005

I would say that for the most part my eating is 50/50 takeout/healthy.

I need to lose 20 pounds so I've started the Weight Watcher program. It is very simple. Are there any other healthy simple programs for losing and maintaining weight loss that you have tried?

3. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Jun 23, 2005

Lots of lean meats, lots of high fibre veggies, moderate amount of fruits, mostly berries, moderate amount of whole grain cereals/breads/pastas - things like couscous, brown rice, whole weat pasta - LOTS of water and exercise :)

This works for me :)

For those of you who join a particular diet program/start a particular diet plan (ie: a marketed one) do you find that you stick to it?

4. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2005

For about 6 months I just started eating more healthy, not particularly on a "diet plan" or a part of a group like Weight Watchers. Just watching my fat and calorie intake along with eating what you mentioned above (I love whole wheat pasta and brown rice:)). I find that I stray during "that time" of the month, and it's usually with some sort of chocolate. I've stuck to it so far (excluding that one week out of the month) and find myself feeling better. I also put lots of fresh garlic in things which is suppose to be very good for you.

Do you exericise? If so, what do you do?

5. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Jun 23, 2005

I walk. I have a "living treadmill" - a 100 lb Akita (she's beautiful) who needs regular exercise, and someone has to take her :)

My other physical activities include cheering at my sons' hockey games and scorekeeping at their baseball ;-)

Do you like to exercise?

6. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jun 24, 2005

No, I hate it, but I do feel better afterwards. So, in a way, I like the outcome, but I don't like the process. If only genies in lamps really existed!

What kinds of clothes to you wear most often (not counting at work)?

7. southernangel

southernangel Rookie

Jun 24, 2005

Bluejeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt(in the winter)

If you could be principal for a day... how would you run your school? :)

8. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Jun 24, 2005

badly! i have NO desire to be principal, for a day or longer :)

ooo there's a question! Do you have desires to go into administration or would you rather stay in the classroom?

9. southernangel

southernangel Rookie

Jun 24, 2005

Stay in the classroom....

If you were looking out your window and you saw this strange object in the sky coming towards you, what would your first thought be?

10. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jun 24, 2005

Being that I am iin ECE it may be a little different. However, I need to be administration. I am a control freak and need to know how things are running. No classroom for me, I need to deligate! The classroom is ok for subbing, but no more than that.

If I saw an object I can't really repeat what I would say on this forum for it would be blurred out:).

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

11. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Jun 24, 2005

Ann.

That's the first name my mom wanted for me and her sister had a girl a week before me and used the name.

If you couldn't be a teacher, what profession would you choose?

12. southernangel

southernangel Rookie

Jun 24, 2005

I would want to go into Criminal Justice. I use to tell my grandfather when I was growing up that I was going to be a juvenile defense attorney.

If you could change one thing about teaching what would it be and why?

13. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Jun 24, 2005

THE PAPERWORK AND MEETINGS!!! (I know that's 2, but they seem to go hand-in-hand)

If you were to win the Lottery, would you choose lump sum or weekly payout??

14. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2005

lump sum

Do you feel you "give" more than you "get" or do you "get" more than you "give"? I am referring to things you do for adults or they do for you...not talking about school related only, but in your outside life.

15. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jun 25, 2005

I had a relationship where I gave a lot more than he did. It is my nature I guess I do a lot for others but that is how my family is as well. My friends are the same way we do a lot for one another.

What is your favorite kind of sandwhich?
    (Mine is cornbeef on rye with mustard and a pickle:) )

16. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jun 25, 2005

favorite sandwich - I love a good rueben sandwich with corned beef, saurkraut, and Thousand Island dressing on rye bread. Gotta have the pickle too. It must be the German in me.

My husband and I go out to eat every Saturday night.
    What percentage of the bill do you give as a tip?

17. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jun 25, 2005

Glendall I love ruebens too!

I will leave 20% but if the service is terrible I will then go lower.

Do you go to garage sales?

18. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jun 25, 2005

I don't go to garage sales, but I do like to clear out my closets, garage, and Florida room and sell my stuff off.

Did you go off to summer camp - away from home - when you were a child? If so, how did it go?

19. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 26, 2005

I went to summer camp every summer for 4 or 5 years, and I absolutely loved it. Swimming every day, crafts and games, campfire and songs, bunk beds in the cabins, waiting for mail from home (camp was only a week, so looking back I realize that my mom probably had to write before I even left for camp). That brought back some good memories.

What is the longest you have ever been apart from your husband, other, family, etc?

20. Azelia

Azelia Rookie

Jun 27, 2005

The longest I've been apart from my huband is about 10 days. He can't handle any longer than that. The longest I've been apart from my kids is about 2 days. They can't handle any longer than that. However, the last week of July I get to go to Florida for 5 days without anyone but me and the other teacher from my school for a teacher conference. Wow, in 10 years this will be the most me time I've ever had all at once.

What time of day do you like to get out of bed? very early morning, morning, mid-morning, afternoon, later than that?

21. southernangel

southernangel Rookie

Jun 27, 2005

I Like getting outta bed mid-morning if I have nothing going on.

If you were asked to pick a TV Reality Show, which one would you choose to go on, and why?

22. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Jun 27, 2005

10 Years Younger

because I'd like to see what they'd do with me -- my new friends already guess my age as 10 years lower than what it is ;)

Do you like watching Reality TV shows?

23. southernangel

southernangel Rookie

Jun 27, 2005

Yes I love Reality Tv Shows!!!

If you could choose two famous people to be your parents, who would you choose?

24. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Jun 27, 2005

Geez that's hard because I really like who my parents are!

Hmmm well okay, this is impossible because they are from two different eras, but perhaps Carl Sagan, because he was a pretty smart physicist and I'm a science junkie and Nellie McClung, because she spearheaded the campaign in Manitoba for votes for women (we were the first province to give women the vote), she was a member of the Winnipeg Political Equity League and the Canadian Women's Press Club. In around 1911, the Premier of Manitoba, Rodmond Roblin was quoted as saying that "nice" women did not want the vote. Nellie McClung's response was "By nice women...you probably mean selfish women who have no more thought for the underprivileged, overworked women than a pussycat in a sunny window for the starving kitten in the street. Now in that sense I am not a nice woman for I do care."

She staged a play in 1914 which was a mock parliament, called "The Women's Parliament" and it poked fun at the dangers of giving men the vote. She was an amazing woman!

Okay, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?

25. southernangel

southernangel Rookie

Jun 28, 2005

If I could live anywhere in the world I would choose to live in Scotland, because that is where most of my ancestors came from.

You have invented a time machine. Which time in the past will you visit first?

26. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jun 28, 2005

I would love to go to the 20's. My great grandmother and her sisters always seemed like they had a great time growing up and had great stories.

Do you watch the news or read the newspaper?

27. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 28, 2005

I like to do both, but I almost always read the paper because I can do it when it is convenient. (Has anyone heard anything about Peter Jennings, lately?)

On which current issue would you like to become more of an activist?

28. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Jun 28, 2005

Environmental issues. I'm still in university and so I'm working for the summer at a non-profit group dealing with environmental issues. I've become (in 2 weeks) way more aware of what's going on environmentally and it is making me nervous - I mean, I recycle and I don't litter etc, but I feel now like my head is in the sand :( lots going on that worries me about the future of the natural world.

If you are somewhat of an activist, what issue is dear to your heart?

29. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 28, 2005

animal protection

Have you recently "told anyone OFF?!"

30. kinder4me

kinder4me Comrade

Jun 28, 2005

No - I am visiting my mom and my husband didn't come with me!!!

What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?

31. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jun 28, 2005

When we were kids, growing up on an Iowa farm, my mother would tuck chicken and duck feet into the bottom of the roaster pan when she cooked a duck. It seems odd now, but we loved eating those juicy feet!

David Letterman has bird callers on his show tonight.
    What is your favorite bird?

32. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jun 28, 2005

I love listening to whipperwills, and I love watching eagles and hawks. My favorite bird, though, is the parakeet that I had for 23 years (Sprite). :)

If you could live in a tv show (currently playing or classic) which would it be and why?

33. TXTeacher4

TXTeacher4 Companion

Jun 28, 2005

Days of Our Lives... They are all beautiful, smart, rich, they have the coolest clothes, they stay the same age, and you never see their children having temper tantrums.

If you could go to lunch with one person (alive) who would it be and why?

Continue here:
    http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=10790