Question for those who use Homeworkopoly

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by snickydog, Apr 7, 2009.

1. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Apr 7, 2009

Just a quick question for those of you who use Homeworkopoly - what do you use for your game markers? How do you attach them to the board?

3. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Apr 8, 2009

I copied a bunch of cute/varied clip art and laminated it. I just use a thumb tack to attach it around the board, not on it. We attach on the outside and inside of the board if there are several landing on the same spot.

4. 4inteacher

4inteacher Rookie

Apr 8, 2009

I laminated my homeworkopoly board with contact paper, first of all. Then I used a little pack of cut-out room decorations from Teaching Tree. (I had a pack of 30 little open book cut-outs). I wrote each student's name on a cut out and had them laminated as well. I attached them to the board with sticky tac. It's been working well and it doesn't ruin the board so I can use it again and again!

5. GD2BQN

GD2BQN Comrade

Apr 11, 2009

For game markers

I use colored plastic clothepins with the students' number on it. They move them around as needed. My game board is stapled to my cork board. I only stapled the center of of the game to the board this way it can be slightly lifted for moving the pin around. It hasn't fallen off all year---whew!!!

6. pxydst07

pxydst07 Comrade

Apr 11, 2009

I have my laminated Homeworkopoly on a bulletin board being held with sticky tac. It's been up there since January and not a problem yet. I also use cute clipart with each child's name on their little square. I laminated these and we put them on the board using sticky tac also.

7. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Apr 11, 2009

I laminated my board and use those clips that you clip papers together with. Not paper clips but the more sturdy things. I put their names on them and it works very well because they don't come off

8. mrstchr

mrstchr Rookie

Apr 12, 2009

I laminated my Homeworkopoly board and put magnets on it. It is hanging on a metal heating unit in my room. The pieces are the kids pictures and they stay on with sticky tack.

9. noreenk

noreenk Cohort

Apr 15, 2009

i use thick plastic clips similar to clothespins that i found at the dollar store with student #s written on them... makes it easy to transition new students.

10. jillybean

jillybean Comrade

Apr 16, 2009

I am not sure what it is! Can someone help me with this?

11. mclaugcr

mclaugcr Companion

Apr 16, 2009

I have my (laminated) board taped on an empty chalkboard in the back of my room. For the tokens, I use round plastic counters (I bought a jar of 250 at the teacher store) that I wrote the kids' names on with a Sharpie. I use sticky tack to hang the tokens on the board.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  12. GD2BQN

GD2BQN Comrade

Apr 16, 2009

How did you

stick the counters onto your board?

13. mclaugcr

mclaugcr Companion

Apr 16, 2009

I used sticky tack. I realized as soon as I posted that I forgot to add that.