Question for those using Weebly

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MsMar, Sep 15, 2015.

1. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Sep 15, 2015

Thanks to those who suggested in the other thread about using Weebly. I played around with it tonight and am liking it. I find my district web page to be really hard and annoying to update on and we don't have to use it so I think I'll be going with Weebly.

One thing I can't figure out though, if I want to share a link, how can I make it so the parents can just click on it to have it work? Like if there's a good game that teaches latitude and longitude, how to I add that to my page and then have the parents/students be able to just click on the link and not have to do a copy and paste of the link?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

3. Koriemo

Koriemo Comrade

Sep 15, 2015

The easy way is to make a textbox and paste the link into it.

I make all of my links as buttons because I think it's more visually appealing.

4. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Sep 16, 2015

When I did it as text it just appeared as text and wasn't "clickable." But I liked your suggestion of having the buttons, so I went that route and the links then open up in a new window. Thanks for the tip! Definitely liking Weebly and it's ease of use. Now to see if I can manage to do a god job updating on there throughout the whole year.

Thanks for the help :).

5. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Sep 16, 2015

Just an FYI (since I know you're doing buttons), I know for sure there's a way to make the words linkable because I also have a Weebly page. After putting in a text box, you can highlight it, edit text, I don't know without opening it up, which I don't feel like doing right now, but it is possible :)